Number of movies not fully seen (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm not sure if it is a bug or perhaps an oversight, or maybe a setting I am unaware of?

I have 1261 movies, but as you can in the attached, it appears as though I have 261. Can this be fixed?

1.jpg

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
Sorry forgot to mention, this is with MP 1.13 and the latest StreamedMP skin.

It actually looks like you can see all of the 1261 in that picture, but where I sit in my couch, youc an't see it from the TV. Maybe a larger space between "Movies" and the number of movies?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    You have a lot of movies! I would imagine that's a fairly trivial modification to the skin, I'm sure someone will reply soon, but in the meantime it might be worth taking a look at fixing it yourself. I have never tried modifying a skin myself, but I would have thought that all that needs doing is changing one value in one skin XML file to move that "MOVIES" label to the left a bit, so all you need to do is figure out which file and which value :). I could be wrong though.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Haha, I had thought that myself, but I didn't want to try anything in case I'm a complete klutz and end up making a massive mess of something....

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Suspect it's change in movingpictures.default.facade.xml you need.

[Block starts Line 76]
    <control>
    <description>Movie Count Label</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <label>#MovingPictures.Translation.Movies.Label</label>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1684</posX>
    <posX>1860</posX>
    <align>right</align>
    <posY>21</posY>
    <font>mediastream10tc</font>
    <textcolor>ff909090</textcolor>
    <visible>!control.isvisible(51)+control.isvisible(50)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="250" delay="0">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

Change RED text to GREEN text [moving the label to be adjacent too the count at 1869. Add BLUE text - format string so it ends at 1860. This should better option than just moving the label to the left.

Worst that can happen, it's slightly less readable:)

NOTE - I don't use Streamed, so all I've done is have a quick [3 mins] look at skin files, maybe it's the wrong file but hopefully should point you correct direction.

Cheers - JCMP

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Then not the right file I think.

The label variable "#MovingPictures.Translation.Movies.Label" appears in the following 6 files, line number given.

Line File
    ------- ----------
    79 movingpictures.default.facade.xml
    105 movingpictures.default.thumbsview.12x3.8x2.facade.xml
    79 movingpictures.default.thumbsview.12x4.8x3.facade.xml
    79 movingpictures.fanart.facade.xml
    105 movingpictures.fanart.thumbsview.12x3.8x2.facade.xml
    79 movingpictures.fanart.thumbsview.12x4.8x3.facade.xml

May well be one of the default.thumbsview files - it does not look [hard to tell] your using fanart - bit of trial and error needed.

To find the file, you could change "#MovingPictures.Translation.Movies.Label" to plain text, eg "This is the file I'm looking for" to assist, then revert to the proper label.

Cheers - JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread