One scheduled show not recording (1 Viewer)

Rhody

Portal Member
August 24, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am new to MePo. I have almost everything working great. I love to tinker and have found an answer to most of my questions, which helped me fix most of my issues on my own.

The only problem I can't seem to solve is I have one scheduled recording that fails to record. Every scheduled recording works perfectly. The show is "The Late Late Show with James Corden," which starts at 11:37 every night. I am not recording anything else at that time, so there definitely is a tuner available. It shows up in the scheduled recordings, shows as a scheduled recording in the guide, but when I get up the next morning, there is no recording there.

I will be happy to provide log files if you can point me to where the appropriate log files are. Thanks in advance.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

if you can point me to where the appropriate log files are.
    Regardless of whether you have installed MP1 or MP2, you should either see an icon WatchDog (MP1) or Logs (MP2) on your desktop, which will collect all available logs, zip them together and place the file on your desktop for subsequent uplaoding to the forum. For Watchdog/MP1 you should select the third option (the first and the second are targeting debug and error reporting purposes).

The only problem I can't seem to solve is I have one scheduled recording that fails to record.
    The likely root cause of this may be a specific option in the TVServer config for recognizing and preventing duplicate recordings.

Duplicate.JPG

If this option is unchecked in your setup, then please upload TVServer logs in debug level.

Rhody

Portal Member
    August 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Regardless of whether you have installed MP1 or MP2, you should either see an icon WatchDog (MP1) or Logs (MP2) on your desktop, which will collect all available logs, zip them together and place the file on your desktop for subsequent uplaoding to the forum. For Watchdog/MP1 you should select the third option (the first and the second are targeting debug and error reporting purposes).

Ok, I found that, but I spent so much time looking through it I didn't have time to upload before I had to run to work. I may upload it later.

However, I did notice something interesting. Every day at the time of that recording, I saw "RecordedTVHDService" generating an error. This is a program similar to MP-TVSeries that works with WMC. I disabled WMC but the companion programs kept running. I uninstalled all companion programs I could find just to be safe. It could be that RecordedTVHD was interfering with the TV server, although I doubt it. However, the error was that RecordedTVHD could not find episode information at thetvdb.com. This leads me to believe your suggestion below is the correct solution.

The likely root cause of this may be a specific option in the TVServer config for recognizing and preventing duplicate recordings.

View attachment 168625

If this option is unchecked in your setup, then please upload TVServer logs in debug level.

I believe this is correct. Many times, the EPG information for this show says, "The English actor interviews guests and hosts musical performances," which makes it impossible to determine the episode. That may be causing the TV server to think the episode is already recorded. I will try unchecking that box in the TV Server setup.

Thank you very much for your help.

Rhody

Portal Member
    August 24, 2015
    Home Country
    I unchecked preventing duplicate recordings and the show recorded last night. Success! Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom