Pausing playback on RPi makes PC sleep (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've set Power Scheduler on my brother's PC to prevent sleep whilst there's at least 50KB/s traffic, as he uses his Raspberry Pi to playback media stored on his PC.

However, he reports that he's had problems with the PC going to sleep as soon, or shortly after, pausing playback or once the film ends, even though the Windows timeout was set to 15-20mins, so it seems like PS is not resetting the idle timeout. To workaround this problem, he's had to set the sleep time to 2 hours but that's not ideal for him either, as it means the PC stays on for long periods when he's not using it.

I grabbed his MP logs (attached) but let me know if there's anything else that's needed and I'll gather it next time I get a chance.

If this is intended behaviour for PS, does anyone know of a utility that will do what he needs, i.e. reset the idle timeout when there's traffic above a certain level?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

it is known issue. You use the pc of the tvserver as a file server. It is not related to MediaPortal.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well it's related to MP as I've set PS to prevent sleep when there's network activity and it's not resetting the idle timeout but perhaps it intentionally doesn't do this, which seems strange but maybe there's a good reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom