Please Help! Hauppauge Nova-S Plus DVB-s + channel scanning (1 Viewer)

jonas99

March 5, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-04)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.53GHz
Memory: 767 MB
Motherboard: 0J0592 (Dell Computer Corp.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge NOVA-S Plus DVB-S Card
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 12/5/2005, 2.110.23339.0
Video Card Model: All-in-wonder 9000 (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6236
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.5.441
Synopsis::

I've been struggling with attempting to get MediaPortal to work with my Hauppauge Nova-S Plus DVB-S Card. MediaPortal recognizes the card ok, but autotuning will not find any channels, either from the configuration menus or from within the UI. Please help!

I'm not sure how much of this is necessay, but here's my http://cms.filetap.com/MediaPortal.log and my http://cms.filetap.com/capture.log.

lupin67

March 4, 2006
I have the same problem ...

Hi,

I have the same card and problem, for the time being I have solved adding the channels manually, it is a bit long but I can watch some channels ...

ciao

Ch

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Jonas99, I know the exact reason why you are not getting any channels. Because you posted in the thread "north America dvb-s users". Currently there is no way to pulling down a channel listing with north American sats.

I am almost positive that Lupin67 is hitting some other satellite and they are able to pull down channels by manually adding them. I wish this was the case for us. When draktheas gets back from helping his family out, I am hoping this issue will be fixed.

I cant' seem to download your log files but it will probably say something about how it can't find the service ID.

Search for dishnetwork and you will see all my posts.

jonas99

March 5, 2006
    ASiDiE

Yup, I saw your posts after I posted. I'm not sure why E* would be such a problem. I hope that this issue gets resolved soon, too. I've tried just about everything -- the most usable thing was MyTheatre/Sage integration, but that too is kludgy at best. I sincerely hope that MP gets its DVB issues resolved. In the meanwhile, I'm giving MythTV a go -- installing Gentoo as I type this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom