Please release an update (1 Viewer)

vote4tux

Portal Member
December 30, 2007
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
As I wrote earlier, I would like to start over, and then use "My Films". While I wait for the update to version 1.6/1.7, I have started to reorganize all my movie data. Each movie is in its own directory. Every movie file has the name of the seven-digit IMDB Movie ID. In each DVD backup folder there is now a text file that contains the seven-digit IMDB Movie ID only. What I want most is the presentation of series and multipart movies as a single film in the GUI (for example, Harry Potter and James Bond). Is there something else that I now can do as a preparation for the use of "My Films"?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi vote4tux, if you're asking for "Box Sets", it is here - if you really want then as single DB entries (multi parts), it is here (see multi part detection).
    With the TMDB based grabbers, you can also let the grabber script put the movies into box sets/collections - then there is no need to prepare anything in filesystem/naming - it will always use the assignments from TMDB.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I will definately provide an update - those who can't wait can use the build on my wiki site - all others I recommend to wait until there is a version that is "good enough" - I still have problems with the 1.6 compatible version - and unfortunately not too much time currently to deal with it.
    I am thinking of even skipping 1.6, as I think it might be releated with someting that was fixed for MP 1.7 - so once I have tested that I can tell more.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Skip 1.7, Guzzi. Is enough to be compatible with the latest version of MP.
    Until then, I continue with MP 1.5. I don't need to update MP, but My Films is a must in my HTPC. So no hurry

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    those who can't wait can use the build on my wiki site
    I am actually using that version with MP 1.6 and it works fine within MP - BUT you cannot open config from outside MP Config - so not at the end of installer, nor from desktop shortcut or you can lose your config. So if anyone wants to try it, make sure to BACKUP your myfilms.xml config file in MP program data first!

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    those who can't wait can use the build on my wiki site
    Hi Guzzi, are you saying there is an unstable version to get in your wiki? I can't seem to find it, can you give me a pointer perhaps?
    Thanks for a great plugin and hope there will be a release soon!
    //U

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Users who are viewing this thread