Please release an update (1 Viewer)

Avatiach

Portal Member
October 5, 2011
I really want to thank everyone for the quick responses and willingness to help. You're creating a great atmosphere here and as a user with a problem, this is simply fantastic! Also, totally understand why you'd want to limit access to an unstable version

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to solve my problem yet - tried re-login from the homepage, and also tried doing so using a different browser, but without success. Also couldn't find High's posts on these issues. But I'm still deeply thankful for the great help here, and will look forward to a stable version that will be distributed more broadly (or at least outside the unreachable wiki ;-) ).

Thanks again!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Next step is to create a new forum password, then login to homepage using it. If that still doesn't work, post in Website/Forum/Wiki sub forum and high will try some of his magic tricks ;) You may as well solve the issue now you discovered it as you will probably need to login to wiki at some point.

peram1

Portal Member
    July 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    finally ... I gave up ... and found a way to migrate my movie collection via a modified script for nfo export from ANT movie catalog to xbmc -
    worked very well without loosing metadata and without a lot of manual interaction - I still continue using AMC to manage my movies ...
    main reasons doing so :
    - waiting for more than 4 months for a Myfilms update was just too much - don't take it personal Guzzi: not your fault ... but rather the overall MP1 "plugin"-concept,
    providing poor base functionality and relying on plugins ..
    - had always perfomance issues with MP1 in liveTV like tearing, stuttering, frame drops ... running a "weak" living room client on an AMD e350/E
    W8.1 HW-base - with xbmc the same HW runs as smooth as silk (tried gotham beta3 with different skins) - not a single drop, hang, glitch ... rather impressive ! backend is still MP1 TV server on W8.1 !
    - tried MP2 as an alternative, but as an alpha TODAY it is by far not providing enough base functionalities and stability, documentation etc. to be usable for "production/WAF"...
    - in my opinion the overall concept of parallel MP1/MP2 development sucks: why not having frozen MP1 lets say at MP1.2 and really concentrate ressources on MP2 ? but obviously this discussion is a No-No here ...
    - so overall: I lost confidence in MP's future - xbmx of course has its downsides as well, but in general it's working a lot better, is a lot easier to manage and a lot more reliable ...

all the best to everybody and good luck
    Peter

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nobody forced you to update to 1.6 or 1.7 already... I'm still happy with 1.5 and will wait eagerly and patiently for the next MyFilms update.

Keep up the good work!
    (However, maybe it is at the time to think about whether the 1-man-development-show is still feasible...)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    (However, maybe it is at the time to think about whether the 1-man-development-show is still feasible...)
    Fortunately it is open source and anybody willing CAN help :)
    Further, anybody interested to help testing can join the tester group (they already have a 1.6 compatible version, though with known issues in some areas...)

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I pulled the source and the project is even larger than expected and I have currently very little time to code. Damn! :D
    Can you PM me or point me to the info what I have to do to join the test group at least?

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just to be sure, is V6.0.3.2979 still the latest test release available and can this be used both with MP 1.6 and 1.7?

I will remember Dadeo's comment about only to open MyFilms Config via MP Config.

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Hi Guzzi,
    I still want to be a tester, however, in the test mode instruction you stated to use the Default skin. Does this mean that 6.0.3. will only work in that skin. I am using MP 1.8 Pre. with Titanius skin, so will it work with these version.

Thanks in advance for a reply

Users who are viewing this thread