Please release an update (1 Viewer)

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Hi Guzzi,
It's me again, I didn't know where to put this question, so I'm staying with this thread because I know you respond quickly here.
My question: In the description page of each movie there is a column titled "comments" which is empty on all of my movies. I don't see any update in the context menu for this column. How do I get data in this column. Also I think this is same thing as "Reviews" as used in the My Videos Editor which works perfectly. If that lightweight editor can do it surely, The Magnificent My Films can do it.
Thanks, looking for your response with eager anticipation.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi Guzzi,
It's me again, I didn't know where to put this question, so I'm staying with this thread because I know you respond quickly here.
My question: In the description page of each movie there is a column titled "comments" which is empty on all of my movies. I don't see any update in the context menu for this column. How do I get data in this column. Also I think this is same thing as "Reviews" as used in the My Videos Editor which works perfectly. If that lightweight editor can do it surely, The Magnificent My Films can do it.
Thanks, looking for your response with eager anticipation.
Which grabber do you use? Upload it and I'll take a look

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,
    My question: In the description page of each movie there is a column titled "comments" which is empty on all of my movies. I don't see any update in the context menu for this column. How do I get data in this column.
    Hi Calsi, that depends very much on how you use MyFilms.
    If you use it with AMC (Ant Movie Catalog): Make sure to use scripts, that populate the comment field
    If you use it withz AMCupdater and/or inside MyFilms GUI, the provided MyFilms grabber scripts can be used to populate that field - e.g. IMDB grabber puts the "User Reviews" into that field.
    If you use any other movie manager, you have to check, if the respective catalog supports that field wogether with the MyFilms import filter.
    If you use a movie manager with nfo files to import your movies into MyFilms, make sure, your movie manager exports the text you want to see into the "<comments>" tag field - nfo grabber will then read it and populate the field with that data.

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Hi Guzzi,
    My question: In the description page of each movie there is a column titled "comments" which is empty on all of my movies. I don't see any update in the context menu for this column. How do I get data in this column.
    Hi Calsi, that depends very much on how you use MyFilms.
    If you use it with AMC (Ant Movie Catalog): Make sure to use scripts, that populate the comment field
    If you use it withz AMCupdater and/or inside MyFilms GUI, the provided MyFilms grabber scripts can be used to populate that field - e.g. IMDB grabber puts the "User Reviews" into that field.
    If you use any other movie manager, you have to check, if the respective catalog supports that field wogether with the MyFilms import filter.
    If you use a movie manager with nfo files to import your movies into MyFilms, make sure, your movie manager exports the text you want to see into the "<comments>" tag field - nfo grabber will then read it and populate the field with that data.

Hey Guzzi,
    It's me again. I have been using "My Movies" Support Catalog and it has no Comment line and it isn"t customizable. The only 2 that had the comments line was Ant Movie Catalog and AMC Updater. In both cases I was unable to import my Movies . In my original config. My Movies export is an XLM file. My Movies are DVDs loaded into My Movies and the file extension is Video_ts. But neither Ant or AMCU would accept either one. and I couldn't load my movies into either one. After many hours, I gave up.
    Any ideas on this one
    Thanks again.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Calsi, if you tried to import into an empty catalog, make sure, the extensions are added to MP video files - see also here.
    Regarding MyMovies the last version tested is 3.1.8 - if you post the exported xml file, I could test here too, if MyFilms import filter can properly read it - or if MyMovies export format did change.

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Guzzi,
    My Movies XML export file works O.K with My Films. (Config.1) The problem is it does'nt work in AMCupdater (Config 2) However here is my xml file for you to try.

Attachments

• Titles.xml
      2.7 MB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Guzzi,
    My Movies XML export file works O.K with My Films. (Config.1) The problem is it does'nt work in AMCupdater (Config 2) However here is my xml file for you to try.
    Hi, you can't use that exported file with AMCUpdater or as AMC DB directly - this is the export format of MyMovies. MyFilms opens and converts it to use it into AMC compatible format. Using MyMovies external catalog is "readonly" - so any changes you want to have/see in MyFilms have to be done inside MyMovies.
    Note:
    If you want to use full "read-write" support, you could use the Titles_tmp.xml file, that MyFilms creates when the import filter reads the Titles.xml file. Copy that one to a location e.g. Catalog directory and create a new config "Ant Movie Catalog extended" and point that to this catalog file - this will then handle all with that movie catalog file, including updates, changes, AMCU import or updates, etc. However, you can't get that data back to MyMovies, as MyMovies doesn't support that. So if you want to manage your movies in MyMovies you have to "accept" what it exports to it's XML format and this is, what MF will display.

Users who are viewing this thread