[Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.3 (08.02.2015) (1 Viewer)

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Seems your installation is correct. Can you please provide more information about your setup:

1. Are you trying to watch video from the same cameras from both Windows XP and 7?
2. What cameras does not work from Windows XP, and what firmware versions are the cameras using.
3. On computer with Windows XP, have you tried removing the cameras and then add them again in the plugin configuration?
4. Can you send me the logs from MediaPortal after attempting to view video from the computer with Windows XP installed.

digitalm

October 20, 2011
With regards to allowing the plugin to work with other cameras I think you are overestimating how difficult it will be. I have written a number of applications in C# and also on Android that will allow connection to different brands of IP cameras by using their mjpeg streams. e.g.

on a axis camera : the mjpeg stream is located at

http://x.x.x.x/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=320x240

on a ycam camera

http://x.x.x.x:<port>/stream.jpg

on a panasonic ip camera

http://x.x.x.x/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Precision

so all you need to do it to allow the user to put the url of the mjpeg stream into the camera configuration and then it could support other camera manufactureres.

If you can supply me with the source of the plugin I would be happy to a fork of the plugin to allow this...

cheers

EDIT : Just noticed you have the source on google code, I'll have a look and see what I can do. cheers!

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi digitalm.

It feels good that you are taking an interest in this plugin. However, your assumption that I am overestimating the quantity of work to get other cameras to work in my plugin frankly only shows your lack of knowledge on how MediaPortal works. This is not a disrespect or anything, only a response to what to me looks like the famous last words "How hard can it be?".

You are correct that video from a Axis camera can be viewer in your favorite browser using the URLs stated, but the video in MediaPortal is not loaded using a browser but instead using DirectShow. So the question you should ask is instead: "Can I figure out how DirectShow can setup a filter-chain to be able to view video from a network camera in MediaPortal?". In order to get Axis cameras to work I have to register a HTTP Multipart source filter to be able to show M-JPEG, and a RTP source filter to show MPEG-4 and H.264. These filters are rendering video from Axis cameras using DirectShow.

Another aspect to think of is that the user of the plugin shouldn't have to enter credentials everytime he or she wishes to view video, the camera credentials should be entered when adding the camera in the plugin configuration, and only then. That means that the plugin has to have a way to specify the credentials to the source filter, which in turn uses those credentials when accessing the network camera.

Please let me know if you still think I am overestimating how difficult it will be to support more cameras. I would gladly support more cameras. After all, the more users, the merrier me :D

digitalm

October 20, 2011
Sorry if I detracted from the hard work you put in, I have looked at your code and understand the steps requried to get it to show in mediaportal, my point was why only support axis when you can support all if you allow the location of the MJPEG stream to be put in manually.

I know its not just a case of showing it in a browser, I have accessed the raw MJPEG stream in a android application I wrote which can also pass the required credentials on the inital connect (that was a bit of a nightmare to be honest!)

As you have already done all the hard work (i.e. the HTTP Multipart source filter to be able to show M-JPEG) I was just saying that to allow the user to configure the MJPEG stream would allow a whole range of IP cameras to be supported (as pretty much all I have come across have some kind of support for MJPEG streams), without worrying about using Camera Specific API's etc.

Also regarding authentication some cameras do allow the user to specify the user/pass in the url parameters. I will have a look at the HTTP source filter to see how authentication could be enabled)

I will have a look at the code anyway as I would like to contribute If i can :)

Another good idea is zoneminder support as this can supply feeds from a variety of cameras in a a MJPEG feed.

cheers!

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
If you wan't I can add you to Google Code and give you a branch to play around in. Any changes to that branch will of course have to be reviewed by me before merging back to trunk (I trust you've got experience in using Subversion and branch management). Write me a PM with the e-mail you would like to use when logging into Google Code. If you wan't a more direct link to me, add your Live Messenger/MSN username and I'll add you.

digitalm

October 20, 2011
Ok thanks, I've downloaded the whole trunk anyway so will have a play about on my machine for a bit first to see how it all goes together.

cheers!

digitalm

October 20, 2011
Hi,

Not sure if Im going to be looking at this now as was evaluating media portal instead of MCE, but have now gone back to MCE as it just seems a lot slicker (even though you have to hack it a lot to do anything customised!)

cheers anyway.

bionico

Portal Member
November 12, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
hi,
I would like to use the plugin for EasyN and Foscam webcam, I use a password longer of 6 characters, is it possible to increase the number of characters?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.2 (11.09.2011)

Hi there!

Anything new about implementation of the AXIS 2100?

Best Regards

Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom