Plugin Development SVN (1 Viewer)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi All Plugin Developers,

We have setup an SVN for all plugin developers to store their work. This is to prevent all this hard work from getting lost. Provide a place to help new plugin developers find sample code and to enable collaboration for multiple developers to work on one plugin.

To start the ball rolling. I have collected source code from around the forum and download area and checked it into the SVN.

SF page: SourceForge.net: Mediaportal Plugins
    Code:
    svn checkout --username=youruser https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mp-plugins/code/trunk mp-plugins-code
    (you can get all plugins, or just one directory by adding an extra level ;) )

Please create a SourceForge account and PM your details to:

hwahrmann, rtv, and-81 or myself

(or catch us in IRC)

We need to know your sourceforge user name and the you'll be able to commit changes.

Happy Coding :)

/James

Last edited by a moderator:

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Just to add: No one has to use the SVN for their plugin.

Including those developers whos code I added. That was just to get things started. If you do not want your code in the SVN then let me know and I will remove it.

However, I think you will find if you try it out that an SVN is a very good development tool, enabling changes to be made without fear that old code will be lost, because it is always possible to go back. Also a great backup should something happen to the local copy and plugin code has already been lost through disk crash.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very good idea. But I thought that MySudoku is now part of MP??

MisterD

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    A suggestion to all developers using the SVN. It would be good to keep the code for MP in the same place so that the relative links to the dlls work for everyone:

"..\..\..\MediaPortal\Core\bin\Release\Core.dll"

for example.

This would mean having the MP SVN code in a directory called /MediaPortal and at the same level having the whole plugin SVN /MP-Plugins (name can be anything). If you only want to have the code for your plugin, then you would need to have the plugin SVN one level lower (for example /MP-Plugins/MyPlugin).

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If the plugin is for the TV Server (references the TV server dlls) then what folder name should we give the tv server source code?

We obviously would need to settle on a name for that too.

Cheers,

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi James

I think we should remove the sudoku plugin, because it is an very old version, i think, and it is already in MediaPortal-svn.

I will contact high for removing it in plugin repository, too.

regards
    chefkoch

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I think you should mention something in the Skin forum too, because you didn't mention it here that also Skins can have SVN....

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have added the latest UitGemist plugin, as well as the IPTV@UT and VideoLAN plugin to the SVN. I got some e-mails that the commits need to be reviewed because they were bigger than 40kb..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom