[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Please forgive if questions are already answered, but will Mediabrowser and this plugin

1. Resume play positions between clients?
    2. Will it sync with trakt to get the watched flags?
    3. Will it sync internal MP-DB's parallel to get #1 and #2 at all places within MP?

Thanks for your headers!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please forgive if questions are already answered, but will Mediabrowser and this plugin
    1. Resume play positions between clients?

Yes it already does

2. Will it sync with trakt to get the watched flags?

Yes it already does if you have trakt installed on Media Browser Server.
    NOTE: the mediaportal trakt.tv plugin is totally seperate and no configuration is needed there as the data will sync anyway

3. Will it sync internal MP-DB's parallel to get #1 and #2 at all places within MP?

There is no internal db (except for some performance caching). The plugin gets the data from your local MB3 server. If that server is setup within your network and the other clients use the same server then Yes.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Ok, tried it out yesterday. On paper, this is the solution I want for MP since for me in multiseat-config I couldn't find a working solution for syncing resume play positions.

But currently (maybe I was too stupid to set it up correct) it's not yet there where I want this plugin. I want to use it only for series and the views for series aren't usefull for me. As said, maybe I didn't get it right.

What I want is a view like in TVSeries, where you see, which series/seasons/episodes are watched. Where you can jump to first unseen episode and so on. I want to have control which is imported how (e.g. House of Cards -> will it be imported as the currently running US-show or as the older british series).

I guess - since this is beta - it will come some day. Unfortunately in the current stadium I can't use it on my productive htpc. Deeply sad about this, but keep the good work up! I'm in love with the idea to combine Mediabrowser and Mediaportal!

tony_the_unik

March 14, 2014
    Home Country
    France France
    hello everybody.
    Congratulations for your plugin, it is awesone.

Is it possible to playback Iso with it?

Thanks in advance

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I found a problem when i try to change layout, when it gets to coverflow(im not sure its called coverflow but its only on screen for a slip second), it shows blank and there is no way to go back to the main menu. Pressing Esc will bring up the main menu background but it will just stay there and if you press it again it will show the last background of the show it was on and then it goes back the main menu background. The only way to get out is to kill MP via task manager.

This doesnt seems to be a issue anymore on my main htpc. One thing i noticed is that it doesnt seem to mark shows as watched once im done watching unless done manually. Is this a bug or just not implemented yet?

Edit:

The marked as watched works , its just that its not live. You need to exit the season to get it to mark the episode and if the season is over, you need to exit the show to get the season to be marked as watched.

Last edited:

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Will the new update contain a fix so that filter stay applied even after we exit and go back in to the plugin? Can you also included a banner view?

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok, tried it out yesterday. On paper, this is the solution I want for MP since for me in multiseat-config I couldn't find a working solution for syncing resume play positions.

But currently (maybe I was too stupid to set it up correct) it's not yet there where I want this plugin. I want to use it only for series and the views for series aren't usefull for me. As said, maybe I didn't get it right.

What I want is a view like in TVSeries, where you see, which series/seasons/episodes are watched. Where you can jump to first unseen episode and so on. I want to have control which is imported how (e.g. House of Cards -> will it be imported as the currently running US-show or as the older british series).

I guess - since this is beta - it will come some day. Unfortunately in the current stadium I can't use it on my productive htpc. Deeply sad about this, but keep the good work up! I'm in love with the idea to combine Mediabrowser and Mediaportal!

Yeah i dont think you will get that with this plugin. It seems limited to what MBS offers. Like the views are limited to what views are supported by MB3. Basically the plugin is dictated by MB and not by what MP can offer. As a multi-seat solution, its fine for my needs (i need the profile factor which MP-TVseries doesnt offer)since i needed separate watched status for me and the wife. We watch the same shows just not together. As for watched status, its there on a basic level (shows highlighted in blue are watched)...its not ideal but it works.

I hope the next update brings more functionality to the plugin

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will do a minor release this weekend. Changes are already available on github.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Armand, lately I've found a good way to get ui developers to implement new server changes is to open tickets in their issues area. I'll start doing the same with yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom