[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    0.20 beta released !

Check out the initial post for changelog and download link.

MediaPortal 1.6 is now required!

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    0.20 beta released !

Check out the initial post for changelog and download link.

MediaPortal 1.6 is now required!
    I just installed it and thanks for the update.The first thing i noticed is that in Collections, we see all the movies from the collection and the collection itself.
    Capture.JPG

Also is it normal that the menu shows TV and TV show? I know TV is from MediaBrowser and TV show must be from mediaportal?
    Capture1.JPG

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Movies, TV Shows and Music are the views. What's new is that i've added all the Media Folders.
    It should actually be the same list as you get when you go to the MediaBrowser dashboard in the browser.
    Navigating the Media Folders should be like navigating your shares.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Movies, TV Shows and Music are the views. What's new is that i've added all the Media Folders.
    It should actually be the same list as you get when you go to the MediaBrowser dashboard in the browser.
    Navigating the Media Folders should be like navigating your shares.

Ok, also was there a fix for filters to be persistent after exiting and back to the main menu?

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The latest server release should remove the mixing of movies and collections. Please test in the web client and verify consistency with the MP plugin.

Also - there are some other new server features that you may choose to incorporate at some point - The PlayAccess field, in case the user is configured for browsing only and playback is not allowed.

Also the server now supports Xbmc media stubs, .disc file extensions. So you can create dummy movies on the server to represent discs that you have sitting on your shelf. Then in the MP plugin, user presses play and you tell them to get up and insert the disc for playback.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would like to map a MCE Remote Key using the remote section in the Configuration MP to this screen
    Capture.JPG

But i cant figure out which window it refers to. The reason is that i need to map the PreviousMenu for that window and after that i need to same button to do ParentDir because if i leave it as PreviousMenu it would go back to the main menu instead of going up one level.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    WE're working on a new MB3 website. Is there a permanent link that can be used for information about this? Everytime you rename the thread the url changes. Thanks.

millgeek

March 30, 2014
    Home Country
    I would like to map a MCE Remote Key using the remote section in the Configuration MP to this screenView attachment 147864

But i cant figure out which window it refers to. The reason is that i need to map the PreviousMenu for that window and after that i need to same button to do ParentDir because if i leave it as PreviousMenu it would go back to the main menu instead of going up one level.
    I'm fairly new to MB3 and my interest there brought me to MediaPortal. I spent last night learning how to install MediaPortal and set up the TV Server, and now I am turning my attention to other media through the MB3 plugin. I think I have been having the same issue with the MB3 plugin that saitoh183 is referencing. ESC seems to act the same as U eveywhere else in MediaPortal, plus doing more to move between systems that hand off interface elements, but the MB3 plugin only uses ESC to return to the home screen when one is moving through the directory structure. Is this expected behavior or is it possible to set it so that ESC mimics U in the directory structure so that ESC can be used as a universal back selector?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom