[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Directly entering a view of choice can be accomplished by using Skin Parameters as discussed above (the stuff that does not seem to work with Titan?).
    The only thing missing from that now is the ability to use a specific user (it will always do it with the default user you specify once).

The back button behaviour can be changed by specifying either true or false for the UiUseUniversalBackButton setting.
    This file MediaBrowser.config is located in the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder.

<UiUseUniversalBackButton>true</UiUseUniversalBackButton>

I know this isn't very user friendly right now but the settings will eventually become available from with the mediaportal GUI in the near future.
    There are also other settings you can tweak here.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Directly entering a view of choice can be accomplished by using Skin Parameters as discussed above (the stuff that does not seem to work with Titan?).
    The only thing missing from that now is the ability to use a specific user (it will always do it with the default user you specify once).

The back button behaviour can be changed by specifying either true or false for the UiUseUniversalBackButton setting.
    This file MediaBrowser.config is located in the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder.

I know this isn't very user friendly right now but the settings will eventually become available from with the mediaportal GUI in the near future.
    There are also other settings you can tweak here.

Cool...i will have a look tonight

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

"Choking" the back end might not be an issue for me... i7 with SSD and RAM Drive :D

But for others it might be.....Is there anyway you can still allow the content to be continuously downloaded in the background, but introduce throttling?

I have created a post in the Titan thread about my parameter issue - I will wait and see if anyone helps.

J.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,
    "Choking" the back end might not be an issue for me... i7 with SSD and RAM Drive :D
    But for others it might be.....Is there anyway you can still allow the content to be continuously downloaded in the background, but introduce throttling?
    J.

Yes the background loading / throttling you are talking about is something i am constantly experimenting with.
    Maybe @Lukemb can share some thoughts with me on the matter as he is doing the same in his Media Browser Theatre application and is working on the Media Browser Server.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    any work on this issue?

https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/issues/34

Its still a problem for me.

Also is it currently possible to pull the watched/unwatched status in a number format instead of just the total of episodes in Season level and nothing at series level(it has the year...but thats pointless info to have next to the series name)

This seems to do the trick. You wouldnt know what the view syntax is for getting it to go directly into favorites of movies or TV series? i tried {Type:"View", Id:"movies-favorites"} but no go.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know of a preset view called favorites so it has to be some other item type :) Everything that is not a View has got a Guid (32 character string) as id and depending on what your "favorites" item actually is (i guess of type "Folder") you could call it with { Type: "Folder", Id:"some32charstring" }.

To find out what "favorites" is you should set MediaPortal to debug logging and look for the following log message after you click on Favorites:

[DEBUG] GetItems: Type=?, Id=?

This will pop up every time you navigate and the ? will contain the info you need.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ... about the watched counts. I will see what i can do there i have something in the pipeline that allows customizing info on the facade but i will introduce that later on. The information is already available to the skin so instead of showing watched/unwatched in the facade it could be shown somewhere else on the screen already.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't know of a preset view called favorites so it has to be some other item type :) Everything that is not a View has got a Guid (32 character string) as id and depending on what your "favorites" item actually is (i guess of type "Folder") you could call it with { Type: "Folder", Id:"some32charstring" }.

To find out what "favorites" is you should set MediaPortal to debug logging and look for the following log message after you click on Favorites:

This will pop up every time you navigate and the ? will contain the info you need.

Thanks, will try and get back to you...and what about the issue i opened on Git

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thanks, will try and get back to you...and what about the issue i opened on Git

here is my log and i dont see that after i hit info and select "isfavorite"
    http://snipt.org/Vnac9

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    aha.. now i see where you are coming from.
    There is no parameter yet for filter (IsFavorite etc.) and sorting but there will be in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom