[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    There might be an issue with the plugin when the mediabrowser server is not running. I've had a hard crash with a net socket error:
    [2014-05-20 16:48:13,423] [Error ] [10 ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2014-05-20 16:48:13,492] [Log ] [10 ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
    at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(IPEndPoint localEP)
    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ServerLocator.<FindServer>d__3.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback() Message: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted Site : Void DoBind(System.Net.EndPoint, System.Net.SocketAddress) Source : System Stack Trace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
    at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(IPEndPoint localEP)
    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ServerLocator.<FindServer>d__3.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
    While this does not indicate that it was the plugin, the plugin does seem to be trying to look for the server at the time of the crash:
    [05-20 16:42:13,338] [6 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 16:42:15,352] [52 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Pondman.MediaPortal.MediaBrowser.MediaBrowserService.<FindServer>d__0.MoveNext()
    [05-20 16:43:13,352] [28 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 16:43:15,366] [32 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Pondman.MediaPortal.MediaBrowser.MediaBrowserService.<FindServer>d__0.MoveNext()
    [05-20 16:44:13,365] [52 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 16:44:15,379] [28 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    [05-20 16:45:13,379] [36 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 16:45:15,392] [32 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    [05-20 16:46:13,393] [52 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 16:46:15,407] [32 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    [05-20 16:47:13,407] [49 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 16:47:15,420] [45 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    [05-20 16:48:13,421] [32 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.
    [05-20 17:03:44,236] [32 ] [ERROR] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    [05-20 17:03:44,236] [45 ] [INFO ] Discovering Media Browser Server.

milli260876

Portal Member
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Armand, do you intend to add the new channels feature? The remote control feature would be nice too so I can use my smartphone to control mb/mp..
    Cheers

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    This is a really great addition to MediaPortal and would allow for the removal of MovingPictures etc. and widening media access beyond just MediaPortal PCs.

However, a few questions arise on first install;

Having added MediaBrowser to my Titan main menu, the first few screens once I click through are quite sparse. Is there any way of adding media to these top-level menus (everything works fine when I drill down to individual title level)

Also, I've added my music to MediaBrowser but only seem to be able to play one track at a time. How can I select an album to play?

And finally, is it / will it be possible to link directly to a 'category' from the main MediaPortal menu. So rather than a single link through to MediaBrowser where I select my movies, TV shows and music, can I add those to the main MediaPortal menu?

Thanks

Peter

Last edited:

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    If you press play on the album cover that should play all?? I think!

My remote 'PLAY' button does not work anywhere for me inside the plug-in interface. (it works OK in the general MP UI and will play an album when selected in MP Music Interface.

Inside the MediaBrowser Plugin, I can only use the OK button to drill down.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Armand, do you intend to add the new channels feature? The remote control feature would be nice too so I can use my smartphone to control mb/mp..

Definately, remote control should already (partly) work.

Having added MediaBrowser to my Titan main menu, the first few screens once I click through are quite sparse. Is there any way of adding media to these top-level menus (everything works fine when I drill down to individual title level)

There are undocumented features that allows for richer "dashboard" type screens.
    I will try to add some examples on the wiki.

Also, I've added my music to MediaBrowser but only seem to be able to play one track at a time. How can I select an album to play?

The music section in the plugin is still a bit under developed at the moment but using playlists is something that will become available in the future.

And finally, is it / will it be possible to link directly to a 'category' from the main MediaPortal menu. So rather than a single link through to MediaBrowser where I select my movies, TV shows and music, can I add those to the main MediaPortal menu?

This is possible by using skin parameters (https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/wiki/Skin-Parameters) but is really something that should be done from within a menu editor provided with some skins.

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks for the rapid response. You might post back here if you get a chance to update the Wiki?

PoBear

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2006
    Northants, United Kingdom
    Hi

I'm a long term user of MB and MP Server. As I understand it at the moment the plugin only allows access to Movies, TV Shows and Music. Have you any idea when you can provide direct access to the user defined folders in MB3?

I have a large collection of one-off TV programmes that are in a separate folder defined as movies, I want to be able to display this as separate from my actual movies folder, I also have a music videos folder which I would want to be separate from my music folders.

Thanks

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi
    I'm a long term user of MB and MP Server. As I understand it at the moment the plugin only allows access to Movies, TV Shows and Music. Have you any idea when you can provide direct access to the user defined folders in MB3?

There is a folder called Media Folders in the root view in which every folder can be navigated just like navigating the filesystem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom