[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is this something that SubCentral should have support for? I didn't see any requests though in this thread..

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It doesn't need support for SubCentral.

MediaBrowser has built in downloading of Subtitles via the MediaBrowser server for any films in your collection that it detects are missing subtitles.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well as far as subtitles go, we have core support for downloading through OpenSubtitles, however, it's actually a modular architecture and additional sources can be provided just by creating a plugin and implementing ISubtitleProvider:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Med...ser.Controller/Subtitles/ISubtitleProvider.cs

Then the user will be able to prioritize the available sources as well as manually search them on demand whenever they need to.

Armand - I am starting to work on multi-server connectivity guidelines for clients, and there is a new ConnectionManager class within ApiClient to help facilitate that:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/11088-apiclient-changes/

Even if you don't intend to support multi-server connectivity, using ConnectionManager has advantages such as creating your ApiClient instance for you, opening & closing the web socket, wake on lan, automatic server discovery, automatic switching from lan to wan address when appropriate, etc.

Many of these functions are already available to you now but this class will handle the workflow of what to call and when, and will tell you what to present to the user.

Last edited:

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @armandp
    Can you explain please how to define different facades for different views?
    eg. For Music Albums, what to write instead of Mediabrowser.Facade.Default?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can use MediaBrowser.Facade.<TYPE> where type is the parent type (Movie, Season, TvShow, UserView, etc..)
    Because of recent changes with the user views it will not work yet for all sub views.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should this work with the latest Beta?
    Here always the default facade is used. If i change the order, first MediaBrowser.Facade.Season, second MediaBrowser.Facade.Default
    the log still shows the default facade is used but in MP nothing is selectable :confused:

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just made a few updates to the code to fix the facade problem. I can't build a new release yet because i want to update some other stuff as well.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you! And no problem, will compile it later this evening ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom