[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (3 Viewers)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay @armandp i've tried your fixes and switching the facades works great now.
BUT sadly i still connot use it the way i want it. Keyboard isn't respected, only highlighting items by mouse is possible, but nothing happens on click.
Also i cannot exit the hidden menu with right arrow key.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I see what you mean. I have to research this for a bit watch the commit log for a fix ;)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    quick question. It looks like Media Browser supports integration with dlna/upnp devices. I'm looking for a way to access PlayOn from my mediaportal clients. Would this plugin and Media Browser allow me to do this?

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, thanks for making MB3 available through MP1. I don't like the fact that not everything in MB3 is free, but the basics for what I use it for are luckily.. (I know I'm cheap... if having people pay for extra functions is what's keeping you going thats good for you!)

There is however a small bug in the latest MB3 plugin (.030 version I believe)
    No matter what I do I can't get my episodes showing in the tv-series menu. I've used a few different filebot renaming methods and manually updated metadata, but after a library scans they are gone in Mediaportal, not in the webbrowser. After reverting back to the "original 0.13" plugin version the episodes are showing again in MP1.

Anybody else having this problem? I'll check in the logs what I can find, but for now I don't have a real reason to update the plugin, since I don't really miss soundcloud integration in MP1 and for me that's the only MB3 plugin that's free that is of any use.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    The reality is people compare us to other servers and sometimes we need money in order to keep up and remain competitive. We have to be able to buy hardware, purchase licenses, etc. That's the only reason we accept donations and offer bonus features for pay. I am a full believer in open source and it will always be a community built project.

Armand - I am hoping you'll support the new forum login and I'll give you whatever help you need. I haven't written any docs yet aside from ApiClient, but they'll come. You'll have a choice between username/password sign in, or the pin code technique that MBT and Roku will be using.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @armandp I think that the latest update to MB3 server has broken the connectivity to the MP clients. I haven't got time to upload logs now but all clients are failing to authenticate and showing anonymous user.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Oh Armand - the new security is active. When the beta goes stable early next week, I will add a loophole for your app to give it more time.

@erichzann - you can work around this for now. shut down the server, go to the server's program data folder /config/system.xml

Find the InsecureApps3 xml tag and add a line with the name Media Portal (or whatever name Armand's add-on reports to MBS, which would be in the server dashboard when a user is signed in).

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Great. What name did you add to the config file? Media Portal?

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal

But strangely I am still getting errors on two of the accounts whilst the other two work fine. I'll try and find time at the weekend to upload the log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom