[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (2 Viewers)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, ok minor detail.

I am using Titan one extended - I cant even chose in editor "non extended" version. When I select Titan basic in MP settings GUI and go back to Titan Editor it still only offers two "extended style" layouts.

But maybe we can still get it to work so that I can switch skins when I have more free time - that would be great!

I want to add buttons to titan menu from MB that link directly to sub menu of the MB plugin.

i.e. -> MB Series leads to "tvshows-all"

This is how the button looks now:

<entry name="menuItemName9">Media Browser - Serien</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemIcon9"> </entry>
    <entry name="menuItemHyperlink9">20130603</entry>

Do I have to change it to?:

<entry name="menuItemName9">Media Browser - Serien</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemIcon9"> </entry>
    <entry name="menuItemHyperlink9">20130603</entry>
    <hyperlinkParameter>{Type:"View", Id:"tvshows-all"}</hyperlinkParameter>

crytec

Portal Member
    April 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!
    First: Great plugin!
    But since the MediaBrowser server is auto discovered in an local network, how can I get the plugin to connect to an external MediaBrowser?
    Is there an config file where I can put an IP address or something like that?

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow. That's all I can say really.

Once it's fully up and running it will mean that a £69 roku with the mediabrowser channel will become an alternative media portal front end.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi!
    First: Great plugin!
    But since the MediaBrowser server is auto discovered in an local network, how can I get the plugin to connect to an external MediaBrowser?
    Is there an config file where I can put an IP address or something like that?

There is a startup workflow presentation that we've designed for the apps to support. I don't think Armand has implemented it yet. But it does allow for this. What could really help his plugin take off would be the aid of a second contributor.

And yes, the roku app is fun :)

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    There is however a small bug in the latest MB3 plugin (.030 version I believe)
    No matter what I do I can't get my episodes showing in the tv-series menu. I've used a few different filebot renaming methods and manually updated metadata, but after a library scans they are gone in Mediaportal, not in the webbrowser. After reverting back to the "original 0.13" plugin version the episodes are showing again in MP1.

Hi, nobody else got this problem? Only version that shows my episodes is 0.13, after that it will show season, but no episodes.

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Sorry I missed this. Is this resolved?

We have been tightening our api security so this is why you were seeing that.

MediaPortal 1.9.0 crashing with MediaBrowser plugin active not fixed for me.

I've had mediabrowser plugin disabled for several weeks and MediaPortal has been rock solid. I re-enabled it yesterday and have had two MediaPortal crashes so far.

Logs attached.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've had mediabrowser plugin disabled for several weeks and MediaPortal has been rock solid. I re-enabled it yesterday and have had two MediaPortal crashes so far.

Logs attached.

Doesn't happen to me with the latest github code but there are other problems. If you really like to use Mediabrowser as a backend for your media try XBMC/Kodi! It seems to me @armandp isn't interested in his own plugin anymore :(
    I can understand if someone says "Hey i have not time to develop these days" but he never answers lately although he's online nearly every day. :mad:

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Logs attached.

Doesn't happen to me with the latest github code but there are other problems. If you really like to use Mediabrowser as a backend for your media try XBMC/Kodi! It seems to me @armandp isn't interested in his own plugin anymore :(
    I can understand if someone says "Hey i have not time to develop these days" but he never answers lately although he's online nearly every day. :mad:

That's such a pity - I really don't want to move away from MediaPortal on my main HTPC systems but MediaBrowser gave such flexibility in my setup by acting as a unified content back-end for both MP and XBMC clients.

Are there any instructions on how to update the plugin from GitHub files? I usually rely on the MP plugin manager to do this.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom