[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (2 Viewers)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay, for those who still like to use this plugin,
you will find attached the compiled plugin from latest source with some really small modifications by me.

I've also polished the Titan skin files a little bit. But it's not finished yet.
Still to do: Music, Live TV, Pictures and Playlist Views.
Be aware the focus handling between the facades and the hidden menu sometimes reacts really strange!!!

Extract the "MediaBrowser Plugin.rar" to your program files directory
and the "MediaBrowser Titan skin.rar" to your program data directory.

DON'T REPORT ANY BUGS WITH THIS VERSION, as this is not completely the original code!

Attachments

• MediaBrowser Plugin.rar
    478.2 KB
  • MediaBrowser Titan Skin.rar
    25.1 KB

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do remote starting media in MediaPortal work in this version? I.e. startig e.g. a movie from the webclient and it plays from the MB3 plugin inside MediaPortal. This do not work for me in the currnt MB3 plugin.

Edit. I just tried it out and couldn't use it. It was incompatible for my MP 1.9 version. I reverted for now. What requirement is it on MP version?

Last edited:

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit. I just tried it out and couldn't use it. It was incompatible for my MP 1.9 version. I reverted for now. What requirement is it on MP version?

Install the latest beta first via extension manager and open at least one time MediaPortal Configuration, then only replace the dlls.
    Works fine here with MP 1.9.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do remote starting media in MediaPortal work in this version? I.e. startig e.g. a movie from the webclient and it plays from the MB3 plugin inside MediaPortal. This do not work for me in the currnt MB3 plugin.

Starting a movie from Android app works but stopping doesn't :(

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I do not see MB3 plugin in MediaPortal Extension manager. It was the MP configuration that said that the dlls was incompatible. I'm using MB3 server beta version.

However, something migth be strange with my MP since the MP Extension manager do not list any installed plugins and I have several...

I'm happy with remote starting for now:) Stop can be made by WifiRemote.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not see MB3 plugin in MediaPortal Extension manager. It was the MP configuration that said that the dlls was incompatible. I'm using MB3 server beta version.

I mean install the downloadable mpei (github) via extension manager first ;)
    The MB3 server version doesn't matter...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks a lot. After installing the latest beta from below and then replacing the files it works:):
    https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/releases

I can now remote play from the webclient to MediaPortal. Stop, pause, skip didn't work there but I have read about issues with transport buttons also for other clients so it might not be the MB plugin only.[DOUBLEPOST=1419028570][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, have you added a MediaPortal streaming profile in MB3 server to avoid transcoding or does it direct play in MP when starting from Android app for you?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot. After installing the latest beta from below and then replacing the files it works:):
    https://github.com/apondman/MediaBrowser/releases

Seems i missed two files in my rar archive :rolleyes: Will reupload it.

Btw, have you added a MediaPortal streaming profile in MB3 server to avoid transcoding or does it direct play in MP when starting from Android app for you?

Huh, we can create our own streaming profiles in MB3? How to do that?
    But it's not necessary because it "Direct Plays" when starting from Android.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @johanj, i've also updated the titan skin files in my previous post.
    There were some bad copy/paste mistakes...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, I give it a try asap. Little time during the weekend and cant mess with the production htpc when family is awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom