[Plugin]MicasaVerde Vera Controller (1 Viewer)

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Bart, Great work! I love your plugin. Main use for me is auto dimming lights when starting movie, light at the fridge goes on when pausing etc

Have you ever considered creating a plugin for Vera for Mediaportal? I would love to be able to control Mediaportal via Vera (scenes), at least the basic functions like pause, play and stop.

Keep up the good work!

charettepa

Portal Pro
April 2, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi all,
Yes it has been quite some time ago since i've logged into this forum. Last week i got a direct request for an update of my Vera Plug-in.
The good news is, that i did make an update and Vera Control is running nice under MP1.6.x. I'm waiting for some feedback before i will publish this version. (For those who can wait, sent me a DM with e-mail adress and i'll sent you an installation package.)

Secondly i got a nice feature request:
"The ability to execute a Vera Scene directly from the touch of a numeric key on the remote control"
I am willing the develop this feature, but have some reservations by the exact desired behavior:
1) Should the scene be executed anytime a numeric key is pressed (regardless in which mode/menu MP is)
2) Should the scene be executed only after confirmation? or only in the Vera controll menu?
3) what about the behavior when actually a numeric value needs to be entered or alphanumeric character by multiple keys presses? (How can my plug in detect when not to run a scene)
4) ....more ideas....?

So please give me some ideas and a small discussion about this feature
Cheers... Bart

i would say a button combination with confirmation an/or in the vera menu

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Bart,

really happy to work with you on this. Are you still open to work further on this?

BartEv

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm glad to announce a new version of the Vera Controller plug-in
New features are:
- support for MP 1.8.0
- support for MP 1.9.0 pre release
- Skin files for StreamedMP
- direct scene control

The last feature implements the ability to execute a Vera scene from any MP menu, by pressing * twice followed by a scene number 0-9 and confirmed by #.
The scene can be assigned to a number in the assign action menu.

Last edited:

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Super BartEv!

Q: I'm still on 1.5 and see you have 1.5 now in the plugin list. However the version number for 1.5 (1.0.1.0) seems older then 1.4 (1.1.0.1) is this correct?

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If anyone is interested; I have found a way to control MediaPortal via Vera.

For this to work you need to install Wifiremote plugin for Mediaportal. This enables a TCP/IP interface that accepts Json commands. Check out the wifiremote wiki for all the commands. You need to set Wifiremote to an authentication mode of NONE. Probably you can also work with username/password but I did not test this yet. Best to test wifiremote with e.g. aMPdroid so you are sure it's working correct in that way!

Below is the LUUP code that you can use to PAUSE. By changing the commands you can also do other stuff (Check out the wifiremote wiki for all the commands. ). This LUUP code can be used in e.g. scenes or PLEG etc. Replace IP with your mediaportals IP number and PORTNR with the WIFIremote port (default 8017).

local Inlog="{\"Type\":\"identify\",\"Name\":\"Vera\",\"Application\":\"VeraGos\",\"Version\":\"0.0.1.1\",\"Authenticate\":{\"AuthMethod\":\"none\"}}"
local wmcCmd = "{\"Type\":\"command\", \"Command\":\"pause\"}"
local socket = require("socket")
tcp = assert(socket.connect("IP", PORTNR))
tcp:send(Inlog .. "\r\n")
luup.sleep(100)
tcp:send(wmcCmd .. "\r\n")
tcp:close()
return 0

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If anyone is interested; I have found a way to control MediaPortal via Vera.

For this to work you need to install Wifiremote plugin for Mediaportal. This enables a TCP/IP interface that accepts Json commands. Check out the wifiremote wiki for all the commands. You need to set Wifiremote to an authentication mode of NONE. Probably you can also work with username/password but I did not test this yet. Best to test wifiremote with e.g. aMPdroid so you are sure it's working correct in that way!

Below is the LUUP code that you can use to PAUSE. By changing the commands you can also do other stuff (Check out the wifiremote wiki for all the commands. ). This LUUP code can be used in e.g. scenes or PLEG etc. Replace IP with your mediaportals IP number and PORTNR with the WIFIremote port (default 8017).

local Inlog="{\"Type\":\"identify\",\"Name\":\"Vera\",\"Application\":\"VeraGos\",\"Version\":\"0.0.1.1\",\"Authenticate\":{\"AuthMethod\":\"none\"}}"
    local wmcCmd = "{\"Type\":\"command\", \"Command\":\"pause\"}"
    local socket = require("socket")
    tcp = assert(socket.connect("IP", PORTNR))
    tcp:send(Inlog .. "\r\n")
    luup.sleep(100)
    tcp:send(wmcCmd .. "\r\n")
    tcp:close()
    return 0

by any chance do you have a luup code that actually works? i tried to run this on my veralite and it does not work. not sure why.

lang

Portal Member
    December 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hallo Bart,

its possible make a support new skin DefaultWideHD in MP 1.13? In older skin your plugin work OK.

HNY from Czech Republic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom