[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (5 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, doskabouter,
    Sound like you have setup you're sync wrong.
    The Sync should sync both ways, but I know many experience that it only sync one way... So it all depence how you're setup is?!?!

Regarding you're second point, the Moving Picture sync... do you use Trakt?

I think I watched the movie through the videos plugin, that could be the cause.
    And I don't use trakt

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, doskabouter,
    Sound like you have setup you're sync wrong.
    The Sync should sync both ways, but I know many experience that it only sync one way... So it all depence how you're setup is?!?!

Regarding you're second point, the Moving Picture sync... do you use Trakt?

I think I watched the movie through the videos plugin, that could be the cause.
    And I don't use trakt

Okay... If you have chosen to sync the Video db in the configuration, it should sync that db to...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay... If you have chosen to sync the Video db in the configuration, it should sync that db to...

No, I don't have the video database synced.
    I didn't realize the watched status is separately maintained by videos and moving pictures, so I think it's no problem after all

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here's another question: just found out about the resume function in moving pictures (one of the remaining issues for swapping out videos for moving pictures), it seems that this info is overwritten on the client db even though the "sync watched status" is unchecked. Is this solvable in the next version?

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For some weeks MPSync does not work on my setup. In the logs I only see
    [getDBInfo] waiting for background threads to finish...
    Is this because of MePo 1.6 or do I have another problem?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The issue you are encountering can be due to timing issue. It could be that #2 is updating #1 quicker that #3 updating #1, hence overwriting the change. The plugin should cater for this as before doing any update, it will check the watch status first...
    Is this valid for resume flag too? Meaning: should MPSync sync the resume flags too?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    The issue you are encountering can be due to timing issue. It could be that #2 is updating #1 quicker that #3 updating #1, hence overwriting the change. The plugin should cater for this as before doing any update, it will check the watch status first...
    Is this valid for resume flag too? Meaning: should MPSync sync the resume flags too?

@The_Stig, yes the plugin is designed to synch the resume position as well if the watch tick box is set.

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    Hi all
    I just started getting the error tonight on my Master HTPC It is running MePo 1.6

Code:
    3/11/2014 11:58:08 PM - [INFO] MPSync: DB synchronization complete.
    3/11/2014 11:58:10 PM - [DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish...
    3/11/2014 11:58:20 PM - [DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish...
    3/11/2014 11:58:30 PM - [DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish...
    3/11/2014 11:58:40 PM - [DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish...
    3/11/2014 11:58:50 PM - [DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish...

Any Help would be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom