[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (5 Viewers)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@m3rcury do you have any thoughts on what the problem could be from the logs I posted? - I just realised I didn't tag you in the post :p

saitoh183

Portal Pro
May 6, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have mpsync setup with one master and one client. now my master syncs to my network drive on my server and my client pulls the DB from that network drive. If i watch a TV show on the client and stop it in the middle, i cant pick up where i left off when i start the show from the master. Since the client only pulls the DB from the network share, is this impossible or are resumes treated like watched syncing?

Patrick Bochart

April 14, 2014
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
@swifty. Can you try this one last thing on the client pc. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (remove x86 if you are running 32bit) and delete file System.Data.SQLite.dll. Once you do this, re-install MPSync on the client and give it another go.

Hello,

I had the same problem mentioned, and I try your solution. After reinstall, the dll's size has been drop to 800kb and MPSync was finally working well. But in the mean while, the plugin DVDArt was complaining about the same library.
After reinstall the DVDArt Plugin, I notice that MPSync won't work anymore.
In my situation, there is a conflict between these two plugin that are using two difference version of the same library.

Best Regards,

Patrick

illiloh

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Erlangen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi i have a problem with the TVSeries Sync. I dont get any series at the client. All other Plugins are working very well.
The client is an Windows 8.1 Ultrabook. Maybe it is the Problem.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    @swifty. Can you try this one last thing on the client pc. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (remove x86 if you are running 32bit) and delete file System.Data.SQLite.dll. Once you do this, re-install MPSync on the client and give it another go.

Hello,

I had the same problem mentioned, and I try your solution. After reinstall, the dll's size has been drop to 800kb and MPSync was finally working well. But in the mean while, the plugin DVDArt was complaining about the same library.
    After reinstall the DVDArt Plugin, I notice that MPSync won't work anymore.
    In my situation, there is a conflict between these two plugin that are using two difference version of the same library.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Patrick, will soon upload the latest MPSync that uses same SQLite version. My bad.... should have kept the 2 plugins aligned. Apologies for issues caused.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I will give it a try tomorrow :).

I have mpsync setup with one master and one client. now my master syncs to my network drive on my server and my client pulls the DB from that network drive. If i watch a TV show on the client and stop it in the middle, i cant pick up where i left off when i start the show from the master. Since the client only pulls the DB from the network share, is this impossible or are resumes treated like watched syncing?

any chance i could get an answer to this?

Also, on the client do i need TVseries and Moving Pictures to be setup to watch folder for new content or should disable it? I figure that if i sync the xml files that contain the settings for those 2, it will overwrite that type of change on the client everytime MPSync pulls the DB off my server.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi i have a problem with the TVSeries Sync. I dont get any series at the client. All other Plugins are working very well.
    The client is an Windows 8.1 Ultrabook. Maybe it is the Problem.

@illiloh. Can you delete the TVSeries database from the central server and let MPSync copy it over from the master pc. It seems that there were a lot of table structure inconsistencies.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I will give it a try tomorrow :).

any chance i could get an answer to this?

Also, on the client do i need TVseries and Moving Pictures to be setup to watch folder for new content or should disable it? I figure that if i sync the xml files that contain the settings for those 2, it will overwrite that type of change on the client everytime MPSync pulls the DB off my server.

@saitoh183. Watch settings need to be enabled on both master and client PCs for this to work. I have to tell you the truth that sometimes it misses to synchronize properly even on my setup and this could be due to a timing issue. Am having a bit of a rethink on how to improve on this. Please bear with me a little bit more to think it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom