[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (2 Viewers)

saitoh183

Portal Pro
May 6, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have mpsync setup with one master and one client. now my master syncs to my network drive on my server and my client pulls the DB from that network drive. If i watch a TV show on the client and stop it in the middle, i cant pick up where i left off when i start the show from the master. Since the client only pulls the DB from the network share, is this impossible or are resumes treated like watched syncing?
I will give it a try tomorrow :).

I have mpsync setup with one master and one client. now my master syncs to my network drive on my server and my client pulls the DB from that network drive. If i watch a TV show on the client and stop it in the middle, i cant pick up where i left off when i start the show from the master. Since the client only pulls the DB from the network share, is this impossible or are resumes treated like watched syncing?

any chance i could get an answer to this?

Also, on the client do i need TVseries and Moving Pictures to be setup to watch folder for new content or should disable it? I figure that if i sync the xml files that contain the settings for those 2, it will overwrite that type of change on the client everytime MPSync pulls the DB off my server.

@saitoh183. Watch settings need to be enabled on both master and client PCs for this to work. I have to tell you the truth that sometimes it misses to synchronize properly even on my setup and this could be due to a timing issue. Am having a bit of a rethink on how to improve on this. Please bear with me a little bit more to think it properly.

Np, i have it set on both. I dont watch shows on the client often, but when i do and move downstairs, it didnt show up. Anyways, i will wait for your next release :) Also having MP work outside of Mediaportal might be something to look at since this isnt really a plugin that should need MP running...it should almost be an application on its own.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    @saitoh183, MPSync does run on its own. In fact on installation, it creates an icon on the desktop. It can be executed manually and does just one sync. It does no stay active listening for changes as it does when it runs within MediaPortal.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @saitoh183, MPSync does run on its own. In fact on installation, it creates an icon on the desktop. It can be executed manually and does just one sync. It does no stay active listening for changes as it does when it runs within MediaPortal.
    Ah ok...well i look forward to your next release. I know MP2 might make MPsync obsolete but its seems far down the road still and MPSync is my only reason im sticking with MP because multiseat is important. :)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey m3rcury .

thx for v1.0.0.10, will try it soon.
    Does the "pause when player active" option now also pause when livetv is active?

Is it now possible like mentioned in my post to sync the watched states, also when the client never runs on the server?
    Post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-synchronization.117417/page-49#post-1043433

thx
    pOpY[DOUBLEPOST=1398022447][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe with the "Use Timestamps" option?

thx

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hey m3rcury .

Does the "pause when player active" option now also pause when livetv is active?

Is it now possible like mentioned in my post to sync the watched states, also when the client never runs on the server?
    Post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-synchronization.117417/page-49#post-1043433

thx

thx

@popy. Unfortunately didn't have much time to look into these 2 enhancements... hopefully next time.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi m3rcury.
    I have a bit of an issue too. In that I have errors even just installing the plugin.
    If I install MPSync-v1.0.0.10 on a clean Mepo 1.7 , on first run it errors with a .Net Frameworks error. Then after that on addional runs, it doesnt error, and I can add all the paths etc as expected, but it never syncs/copies any of the files in the database dir I point it to. But it does do the tumbs if I turn on the folders sync part. I have tried reinstalling it several times and deleting the plugins dll files etc as you had mentioned in a previous post. No change.

Oddly though, if I install MPSync-v1.0.0.9, I get a similar .Net Framworks error on first run, and again no more errors later on. BUT, here is the big difference, once its configured .09 does copy the files in the mepo database folder as the application is supposed to do...

I have attached the .Net errors to this post.. Maybe they will help...
    Many thanks....

Attachments

• .Net Error on first run of v1.0.0.9.txt
      5.5 KB
    • .Net Error on first run of v1.0.0.10.txt
      5.2 KB

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey m3rcury .

thx

thx

@popy. Unfortunately didn't have much time to look into these 2 enhancements... hopefully next time.

No problem. thx.

One question: how can ill set it up that it works with one server and two clients?
    I dont get it (n) maybe ill just have setit up wrong to get it running?

Just want to have the following:

Server: stores movies, series, thumbs .... and databases
    Client 1: MP Client with MPSync which syncs all from/to server including watched states
    Client 2: same as client 1

Can you point me in the right direction?

thx
    pOpY

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Here is my MPSync.xml from my two clients.

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
      1.5 KB

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Another question/issue with 1.0.0.10:

the sync takes very long and the local tvseries db is stated as "locked".
    Reading a few pages back there is an hint to disable mpextended.
    But the issue also appears if ill disable mpextended on the local client machine.

I have also tried to delete the local mpsearies db, start mpseries configuration once so the db is created again.
    after that start a manual sync in mpsync.

ill could upload logs in the evening.

pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom