[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (2 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    What MP version are you running?
    1.5 ... had to roll back to version v1.0.0.09 plugin.

@ajs. No wonder the plugin does not work in your setup. You installed the version for MP v1.7.0 onto a 1.5 version!!!. v1.0.0.9 should be fine, but it still has some issues due to database locks which are fixed in the latest version.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need help !!
    A few days are gone i start MPSync and i get follow error message (see picture). Before it runs well.
    I use the latest version from MP and MPSync.

Attachments

• ScreenShot052.jpg
      ScreenShot052.jpg
      83.2 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    No wonder the plugin does not work in your setup. You installed the version for MP v1.7.0 onto a 1.5 version!!!. v1.0.0.9 should be fine, but it still has some issues due to database locks which are fixed in the latest version.
    I did not install itself. Installed, MediaPortal Extensions Manager (MPEM) is part of the media portal. And he claims that the 10 version is compatible with 1.5. What is shown in the screenshot.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I need help !!
    A few days are gone i start MPSync and i get follow error message (see picture). Before it runs well.

@dyamant, is it possible to translate the error in english please? If possible, can you also upload MPSync.log as well.

Thanks

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I need help !!

I think I may have had this same issue. I posted about it back on page 54. Post #536.
    Since I wrote that post, I have replicated the exact same results on a second clean MP 1.7 install on another windows 7 and windows 8 system.
    All fresh installs of MP.
    Annoyingly, since then I now hav another issue on my master.
    Despite the errors from .Net on first run, v 1.0.0.9 seemed to work fine. But after the first day or so, it now at random times comes up with a dialog box when MP is running saying that C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPSync.xml is not correct or some such.
    Honestly, I forget the exact wording. But after you click ok it closes MP down to windows and it has to be launched again..
    I have tried deleting the xml and the .bak and re-configured MPSync again.. But its not helped. Which is a bit of a pain. As otherwise it s worked fine.
    Even with that error, if I run MPSync manually it does update/copy to the sync location.
    I could never get v 1.0.0.10 to even copy the database files. I am going to trial 1.0.0.11 And see if that works.
    Fingers crossed.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I need help !!

I think I may have had this same issue. I posted about it back on page 54. Post #536.
    Since I wrote that post, I have replicated the exact same results on a second clean MP 1.7 install on another windows 7 and windows 8 system.
    All fresh installs of MP.
    Annoyingly, since then I now hav another issue on my master.
    Despite the errors from .Net on first run, v 1.0.0.9 seemed to work fine. But after the first day or so, it now at random times comes up with a dialog box when MP is running saying that C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPSync.xml is not correct or some such.
    Honestly, I forget the exact wording. But after you click ok it closes MP down to windows and it has to be launched again..
    I have tried deleting the xml and the .bak and re-configured MPSync again.. But its not helped. Which is a bit of a pain. As otherwise it s worked fine.
    Even with that error, if I run MPSync manually it does update/copy to the sync location.
    I could never get v 1.0.0.10 to even copy the database files. I am going to trial 1.0.0.11 And see if that works.
    Fingers crossed.

@smarty12345, v1.0.0.11 solved a lot of the previous issues so I suggest you give it a try. I you find any issue, please advise and thanks for your testing.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi m3rcury, thanks for the nice plugin. Works great, but i also saw two issues:

1) If configuration is set to database triggers the system will not go into stand-by when powerscheduler is used.
    2) If enabled the first 30-50 seconds of a movie playback results in enormous stuttering before it comes to flat lines. I disabled mpsync and this behaviour was gone.

Greetings

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury, thanks for the nice plugin. Works great, but i also saw two issues:

1) If configuration is set to database triggers the system will not go into stand-by when powerscheduler is used.
    2) If enabled the first 30-50 seconds of a movie playback results in enormous stuttering before it comes to flat lines. I disabled mpsync and this behaviour was gone.

Greetings

@wouter1971. Can you please advise you refresh interval?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom