[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (13 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Question.

Hi

Does MPSync sync last viewpoints? I mean if I stop a Movie the time to resume is stored in the local VideoDatabaseV5.db3 database. I have done some testing but can't get it to work. I want to be able to resume the movie from another client where I stopped earlier.

Is the possible with MPSync?

@octane. MPSync is coded to cater for this, but it seems there are some issues after recent upgrades. I will need to find some time to look into it.

ph0b0s101

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    München
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @m3rcury,

first i have to thank you for the great plugin.

I have a Problem when I want to start the configuration for mpsync. I am running MP1.6 (Client & Server). Therefore i loaded Version 1.0.0.9 from this source:

https://www.team-mediaportal.de/erweiterungen/werkzeuge/cdb-sync

I got the following Error Message when i start the config:

MPSync-FM.PNG

I have copied the full error message in a text file (please find the file attached).

When i click "weiter" bzw. "next" then the configuration window opens and i can Change anything i want. When i am ready and Close the window und Close the mp configuration and restart mp configuration and mpsync configuration all changes are gone. So it seems that i cannot save my changes to the configuration.

I have installed the following plugins:

MP-Plugins.PNG

Here you can see what Software is installed on my machine.
    Installed.Software.PNG

I hope you can help me :)

Best regards
    Christian

Attachments

• Fehlermeldun.MPSync.txt
      21.4 KB

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    .11 seems to be getting hung on my movingpictures.db3 file. It passes a pragma integrity_check, though. Any ideas?/

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      586.5 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi @m3rcury,

first i have to thank you for the great plugin.

I have a Problem when I want to start the configuration for mpsync. I am running MP1.6 (Client & Server). Therefore i loaded Version 1.0.0.9 from this source:

https://www.team-mediaportal.de/erweiterungen/werkzeuge/cdb-sync

I got the following Error Message when i start the config:

View attachment 155298

I have copied the full error message in a text file (please find the file attached).

When i click "weiter" bzw. "next" then the configuration window opens and i can Change anything i want. When i am ready and Close the window und Close the mp configuration and restart mp configuration and mpsync configuration all changes are gone. So it seems that i cannot save my changes to the configuration.

I have installed the following plugins:

View attachment 155300
    Here you can see what Software is installed on my machine.
    View attachment 155301

I hope you can help me :)

Best regards
    Christian

@ph0b0s101. Firstly apologies for taking long to reply. Can you please upload your MPSync.xml found in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal as according to the error, there seems to be an invalid path. Also, can you please upload any other MPSync*.xml found under the same path.

Thanks

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    .11 seems to be getting hung on my movingpictures.db3 file. It passes a pragma integrity_check, though. Any ideas?/

@scythe000. Can you delete the movingpictures.db3 from the central location and retry the sync. If you have already performed a sync during the day, you need to alter the following value in MPSync.xml found in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
    Code:
    <entry name="last sync">2014-11-18 14:56:04</entry>
    You need to change the date to a day before so that all the initial checks, including copying of any missing databases is carried out.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @smarty12345, @ajs, @saitoh183. Sent you a pm with a new version that should address your issues to test it out.

Thanks

Has the fix to this issue been released to public? I also see the error on every sync:
    [InsertRecords] Error adding record to table mpsync in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 with exception: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: array

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    @smarty12345, @ajs, @saitoh183. Sent you a pm with a new version that should address your issues to test it out.

Thanks

Has the fix to this issue been released to public? I also see the error on every sync:
    [InsertRecords] Error adding record to table mpsync in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 with exception: Value cannot be null.

@wouter1971, hadn't had time to package it... :( will try to do so in the coming days.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Does anybody use this plugin with MP 1.10 (1x server and 2x clients) and syncing of watched flags works?

Had used it longe time ago and had some database corruptions.
    After that i have used follw.it which worked really good but saddly was shutdown last year.
    So until now i have used trakt but its a little bit of an overkill for just syncing watched flags and also trakt has a new api v2 which makes some troubles with the new plugin version.

Thanks

Do you running mpsync productive?

thx
    pOpY

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Does anybody use this plugin with MP 1.10 (1x server and 2x clients) and syncing of watched flags works?

Had used it longe time ago and had some database corruptions.
    After that i have used follw.it which worked really good but saddly was shutdown last year.
    So until now i have used trakt but its a little bit of an overkill for just syncing watched flags and also trakt has a new api v2 which makes some troubles with the new plugin version.

Thanks

Do you running mpsync productive?

thx
    pOpY

@popy. Yes, I use it mainly to do imports on 1 htpc and propagate everything to others. Currently there is an issue with watched flags and need to find time to fix it. Please bear with me. Thanks.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Without any database corruption?

I had used your plugin a while ago but had always database corruptions at the end....
    Now i am just copy the DBs before MP start (on HTPC boot) to the clients.
    So i can also add series and movies centralized on the server.
    The watched flags i have synced with follw.it and after shutdown i am using trakt, which is an overkill for me.
    Ill just want to sync watched flags....so to me it seems your plugin is the right one.
    But in my case it wasnt stable enougth.
    Dont get me wrong, i love the idea but it had some issues ... in my use case.

I want to use it the following way:

• MP server which holds the DBs -> here ill add series and movies. On this maschine the MP client will never be started.
      Server is on 24x7

• 2x clients with MP and your plugin
      Its possible that they are running at the same time

Could ill use your plugin in my setup?
    Was there any fixes in the last releases so this plugin is stable?

thx
    pOpY[DOUBLEPOST=1420484346][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks

Can you share your unreleased version?

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom