[Plugin] Streamradio V2 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii so it depends of specific bass version? That's bad, need to elminate this dependency.

Yep for 1.7.1 need a new version of plugins (NET4 and co)
    I have add dependency to plugin too :) like this, next time, it will show up as incompatible if we bump something about bass etc.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Seb, I have commit rights. Send your changes to me. Maybe I'll add smth else since I'm kind of trying to maintain this plugin :oops:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Anyway after finishing my digging in MPEI I will look at posssibility to make plugin compatible with 1.2.0-1.7.0 so sorry if I will try to revert project back to 3.5 after my insvestigation :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    One year past and I have some info here [emoji3] First of all, I managed to get test Stream Radio working on both XP+ MP 1.3.0 and Win10+MP 1.11.0 which was my initial goal. To make it I had to remove all Bass related code used for recording streams and all Visualization handling code. It looks like visualizations was abandoned and removed from MP but recording option is not so clear for. Was it used?
    Next our steps were (yes, I'm not alone here) switching to AudioAddict (di.FM, rockradio etc) API and integrating it into plugin.
    Another option is Shoutcast. I saw shoutcast directory plugin on forums but since there is no actual discussions and builds I assume it's outdated. So I requested new API key. Let's wait.
    Finally, I've updated DefaultWide skins [emoji6]
    Thoughts, guys? I'm in coding mood for StreamRadio so I'm awaiting suggestions!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding your post above - is there a new version to test anywhere? (y) (y) (y)

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Edalex, thank you very much for keeping StreamRadio alive! (y) One thing I would love to get implemented is to config StreamRadio what source to use for feeding #Play.Current.Album back to MediaPortal. I currently use the field in overlay window to show the current radio's logo in basichome and elsewhere. Since the field is populated by StreamRadio from the audio stream, I have to name the logo picture file according to the provided string by radio's audio stream.
    e.g. I play stream http://stream.funradio.sk:8000/fun128.mp3.m3u and the media description provided is "FUN Radio Live" so I name my logo for the radio station as "FUN Radio Live.jpg" and then in common.overlays.xml I use <texture>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Radio\#Play.Current.Album.jpg</texture> to display the thumbnail logo of the selected stream.

This works great except when the stream provides back a string with characters that are not possible to use in a filename - e.g. : \ / and therefore I cannot display the thumbnail for the radio station in overlay.

Therefore it would be great, if there was an option in StreamRadio to use the thumbnail from radio station's configuration xml file (<logo></logo> section), either global option for all stations or individual option for each station in it's own xml.

Hopefully I explained it well enough and it will not be very difficult to implement. If you need further clarification or testing, please just ask me. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom