Plugins page, mpe1 downloads (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't get my head around it, how to add downloadable mpe1 files on the plugin page.

F.e. on https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/onlinevideos I see urls of the various versions of the onlinevideos.mpe1, but when I download an mpe1 and check inside, (in the mediaportalextension.xml) I see that the correct url is present at the "OnlineLocation" tag.
    How do you know which url to put there before you upload that mpe1? It seems (didn't test though) that you only get to see what url it is *after* you upload the file...

Last edited by a moderator:

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    using ID, et not so bad : you can edit the plugin page, name / entry. and the link is always the same. so no needed to change every time the link.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What about when you want to install an older version? The old file must still be present somewhere...

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    therefore we have the archiv-slots.
    Theres no proper versioning-system for the repository-software (and prob. never will be). Some users/devs started to change that but none was able to produce something...usable/compete (this repo or a complete new one).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But if you move an old MPE1 to one of the archive slots, doesn't that change it's url?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    So if someone want to download old version of plugin he will fail this mission because download link which stores in KnownExtension.XML file will be wrong! In this case noone should recommend to upload plugins on site.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it will always dl the latest version if link is set to this spot. It has never been different so not really something new.
    As said, this was adressed by several people over the years but no one come up with a working solution. If users want to go back a version they need to do it manualy from archiv-slots.

If someone wants to change that...just raise your coding hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom