Plugins page, mpe1 downloads (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Or manually patch the update.xml before uploading?
    That would be the only way (apart from some hand-raising) to keep the version-list functionality in the MediaPortal Extension Installer working correctly

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Or manually patch the update.xml before uploading?
    That would be the only way (apart from some hand-raising) to keep the version-list functionality in the MediaPortal Extension Installer working correctly
    Please note that mpei summarizes all update files in knownextension list so it could fail to work from client side

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well then, for the time being, I think it's too much hassle just to get a downloadcount

Edit: I did find the method where the downloaded update.xml's are handled (ExtensionCollection.Add), and there the comment says:

If the package with same version number already exist, will be replaced

So that leads to me think that it would work.
    However, after changing some paths manually in the update.xml and letting MPE installer do it's thing, the new paths were indeed NOT in the knownextensios.xml

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, that check was broken for ages and newly downloaded data was joined into knownextensions.xml (see MP-4427).

Well, I'll wait until 1.9.0 is released, and check again if the workflow I have in mind is going to work

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    High has added new entries for every new MediaPortal Version to the Downloads page of an extension. I am currently using those to upload new version of OnlineVideos. I first upload a file to get the actual link and then use this link when building the mpei Installer. (Once uploded the link stays the same even when you re-upload).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I more or less deduced that would be the way.
    But you have the advantage that each new version renders the old one useless (due to not being able to update sites), so for you, there isn't much need for keeping a list of archives

But thanks for the pointer anyway :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, that check was broken for ages and newly downloaded data was joined into knownextensions.xml (see MP-4427).

Hm, just installed 1.9.0 and it still seems not to pick up changes in existing update.xml files
    (Tried changing the update.xml (path change in the OnlineLocation tag) here https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/news-info/browse-the-web-webbrowser, then let the extensioninstaller do an update, but the knownextensions.xml didn't contain my changed path)

Edit: My bad, I finally figured why I didn't see any changes: I was changing the wrong update.xml...

Now changed the correct one, and all seems working like it should be

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks for testing but I think we still can't rely on this since non 1.9.0 users will suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom