Power Scheduler - no S3 after TV recording is finished (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello guys,

I would have question how to set up MP1 to go to S3 after TV recording is finished - in my case it does not work - I have MP1.7.0 pre-release. Let me specific in detail:

1. In case the TV is recording and I would like to go sleep, I just press sleep button to go to S3, the HTPC is going to away mode (which is according to me correct - to finish TV recording). But when TV recording is finished, the HTPC remains in away mode, it does not go to S3 mode, which I beleive is wrong.

2. In case the HTPC is in S3 mode already and there is planned TV recording, the HTPC wakes up, execute the TV recording and when it is finished, it goes automatically to S3 again (I have 5 min timer to go to S3 when no user activity) - this is I believe fine behaviour.

Can you help me how to correct the point 1, please?

Thanks.
    Martin

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello,

to be more specific to point 1 the HTPC does not go to S3 mode only when timeshift is ON. When the timeshift is OFF (TV is switch OFF), then the HTPC goes to S3 mode from away mode after the recording has finished.

This kind of behaviour is also common for DVR machines - user does not care about status of the DVR, when the user wants to switch off DVR, customer just press the sleep button and does not care any more - when no TV recording than DVR goes to S3 immediatelly, when DVR is recording something, it goes to away mode and after the recording it goes to the S3 mode automatically.

In case of Windows Media Center it also does not go to S3 mode from away mode when the recording has finished, but fortunatelly there is MCE Standby Tool SW (http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml) which manage to go MCE to S3 from away mode when the TV recording finish (while the htpc is in away mode already during the recording).

Any idea if there is any solution?

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom