PowerControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alexander!

Competely forgotten this issue here, sorry for that! I have just tried version 0.4.2! Unfortunately i'm getting the error "Fehler beim Starten des entsprechenden Prozesses"! I hope, you can help! Debug Logs are attached!

Best regards
    Helios

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helios61,
    if I take a look into your log files, I can detect 2 problems:
    • Your current skin is outdated, the control ID 3 must be a GUIToggleButton. Please correct this.
    • The plugin requires the 3rd party software package "PSTools" from Microsoft/SysInternals, you can download it here. Please unzip the file and copy the executable file psexec.exe into one of your system directories, e.g. "c:\windows\system32", after this please test again.

Cheers, Micropolis

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis!

Thanks for your reply!

Your current skin is outdated, the control ID 3 must be a GUIToggleButton. Please correct this.

I am using the current version of MP Default/Default Wide skins (1.2.3)!

The plugin requires the 3rd party software package "PSTools" from Microsoft/SysInternals, you can download it here. Please unzip the file and copy the executable file psexec.exe into one of your system directories, e.g. "c:\windows\system32", after this please test again.

As you described in the attached .pdf file! Already done!
    Made new tests this morning with versions 1.0 and 0.42, unfortunately the same odd behavior. Version 1.0 : If i select shutdown or hibernate or Restart..... nothing happens! With version 0.42 i get the error message "Fehler beim Starten des entsprechenden Prozesses"!
    Debug logs are attached!
    Best regards
    Helios

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helios61,
    ... Made new tests this morning with versions 1.0 and 0.42, unfortunately the same odd behavior. Version 1.0 : If i select shutdown or hibernate or Restart..... nothing happens! With version 0.42 i get the error message "Fehler beim Starten des entsprechenden Prozesses"! ...

As I said before: the plugin can't find the executable file "psexec.exe" in one of your system folder, see error message "Error Code: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden" from your log. I don't know exactly your machine releated security/permission settings, maybe UAC is a problem or you need an elevated user account.
    A second solution is to override the default location for "psexec.exe". To do this, please open the MediaPortal configuration utility, go to plugins and hold down the Shift key when opening the PowerControl configuration dialog. Go to tab "Expert settings" and set the path manually or by clicking the browser button behind the text box.

Cheers, Micropolis

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis!

Unfortunately still no success! Maybe the reason is my 64bit Win7? With google i have found this info:
    Issue to run command PSExec (PSTools command) over 64Bit OS
    When you execute the PSTools command PsExec over 64-Bit os it always gives invalid path error and not able to execute PsExec command over 64bit os. This may happen because PsExec is copying command over it's systemdirectory and run that exe from there but in 64Bit os it directly copies content to 64-bit compatible system directory so 32bit appliaction not able to copy there so it gives path not found error.
    So for that you have to create the .cmd file and write the code as below and you have to execute command file over there and it will do rest of the things for you.
    so this can work for both 64-Bit and 32-Bit also.

Code:
    @echo off

if exist %WinDir%\SysWow64 cd /d %WinDir%\SysWow64

copy file://SourceHostName/SharedFolderFromSourceHost/ExenameWantToExecute

ExenameWantToExecute  ExeArguements

Copy above code to text file and save it as .cmd file and now you can use it with the
    pstools command.
    Hope this will be helpful to resolve issue with 64-Bit OS.

-> Link

I hope, this can help!

Best regards
    Helios

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    in the plugin repository and at the first post of this thread you can find the PowerControl maintenance release v1.0.2.
    This version contains cumulative changes and enhancements, skin changes are not required.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    in result of some feedback from plugin users and reported configuration/network related issues, I decide to rework the core routines of this plugin completely. At the first post of this thread you can find the nightly build version v1.1.0 for testing purposes.

Let me summarize the major changes for this version:
    • use of 3rd party tool "psshutdown.exe" instead of "psexec.exe" for windows based devices
    • support for UNIX/Linux based devices using the 3rd party tool "plink.exe"
    • rework of configuration dialog to change plugin internal settings (e.g. timeout values, path definitions)
    • troubleshooting guide to find/solve configuration and network issues (see chapter 5 of included manual)
    • for debugging purposes you can use the skin properties "#PowerControl.ProcessCommand" and "#PowerControl.ProcessArgument" to display and check the command line parameters for selected action (in addition to the log file)
    Due to these changes it is required to install the 3rd party tools (see included manual for file location) and check/enhance your existing plugin configuration.

@Pegboy: Thank you for your support in the last few days. Please test this version, if it fullfills your requirements. As I said before, I'm not able to test the UNIX/Linux based features. Your feedback is very important for the upcoming version, maybe you can also publish some experiences and troubleshooting steps.

Cheers and thank you, Micropolis

Last edited:

Pegboy

Portal Member
    March 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis.

I have tested the plugin. I get the following error message in the functions hibernate, shutdown, reboot: "Fehler beim Starten des entsprechenden Prozesses"
    I have upload the Log-Files.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Pegboy,
    ... I get the following error message in the functions hibernate, shutdown, reboot: "Fehler beim Starten des entsprechenden Prozesses" ...
    The nightly build has been updated and (after private discussions) successfully tested by yourself. Thank you for your awesome support.

@other Linux device users (e.g. Synology NAS): is it possible to execute remote commands for Sleep- and Hibernate-Mode? Due to missing hardware I have no possibilities to test this...

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello, I really like your plug-in, very useful - thank you!

It doesn't seem to work in MP 1.3.0 beta with Titan Skin, will you be adding support to this soon do you think?

thanks

lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom