PowerControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository you can find the major maintenance release v1.1.0 of this plugin.
This version contains the following changes and enhancements:
  • use of 3rd party tool "psshutdown.exe" instead of "psexec.exe" for windows based devices
  • support for UNIX/Linux based devices using the 3rd party tool "plink.exe"
  • rework of configuration dialog to change plugin internal settings (e.g. timeout values, path definitions)
  • troubleshooting guide to find/solve configuration and network issues (see chapter 5 of included manual)
Please be aware, that this release only contains generic skin files. To support your preferred skin, please take a look into the appropriate skin thread or search our forum. Finally, I ask for understanding that skin creation can not be done on my part.
My special thanks goes to @Pegboy for his great testing support.

Thank you and cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Micropolis,

I have a question about Titan and all your plugins.. Normally you provide only support for the default wide skin.. Since Titan is a kind of "the new default skin" are you still only making skinfiles for default wide, or also for Titan..

Have a nice weekend!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello powermarcel10,
    ... Normally you provide only support for the default wide skin.. Since Titan is a kind of "the new default skin" are you still only making skinfiles for default wide, or also for Titan...
    I'm not sure, if you had read my post above completely.
    As a "one man show" developer I'm not able to maintain the whole code of my plugin collection (aprox. 100.000 LOC), translation and skin files simultaneously. That is why I publish generic skin files basically, which should help our talented skin designers to create appropriate skin files. Recently, I had the opportunity to be supported by @catavolt in these matters. If you want help as my counter part, I invite you herewith.
    Please accept this decision, my free time is limited and my real life also needs some attention.

Micropolis

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Micropolis,

offcourse I understand! And you have all the respect from me you deserve!

I had read your post and I totally understand the reason that you cannot make skinfiles for all skins.. That was also not where I was asking for.. You are always providing skinfiles for default wide. Only thing I was wondering is if you still keep doing this, or if you switch your default skinfiles to Titan in the future since Titan is the new default now.

No problems if you don't.. I was only wondering.. :) In that case I will see if I can find some time to help with skinfiles for Updatecontrol and sleepcontrol.. (worldweather is almost done by someone else IIRC)

Thanks!

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,

is powercontrol working on 1.3 beta?

i get this error and i cant understand if it depends on the skin or the plugin

2012-12-23 14:36:33.813067 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Error initializing window:powerControlPlugin.PowerControl Could not load type 'OperatingSystemFamilyType' from assembly 'Micropolis.MPCore, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. PowerControl at PowerControlPlugin.PowerControl.InitVariables()
    at PowerControlPlugin.PowerControl.InitPlugin()
    at PowerControlPlugin.PowerControl.Init()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
    2012-12-23 14:36:47.645067 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow: Error in AllocResources for MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMenuControl - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMenuControl.AllocResources()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()

thank you

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    do you have updated the library Micropolis.MPCore.dll to latest version? Could you give me date/time?

Cheers, Micropolis

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    do you have updated the library Micropolis.MPCore.dll to latest version? Could you give me date/time?

Cheers, Micropolis

ehm... i've only installed powercontrolplugin from mediaportalExtensionInstaller

Micropolis.MPCore.dll is date 29, september, 2012.

thank you

EDIT: i resolved taking the Micropolis.MPCore.dll 15 december 2012 from the zip archive attached in the first post. Probably the mediaportalExtensionInstaller is downloading an outdated package of your plugin.

thank you for the help

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    ok, I don't know why but the Micropolis.MPCore.dll is too old. To solve this issue quickly, please download this file and copy the appropriate library into the plugins/windows folder manually.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the maintenance release 1.1.1 of PowerControl is available now at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.
    Please be aware, that this version requires minimal skin related changes to support future versions of MediaPortal optimally. For more information, please consult the attached manual.

Hint: Should any problems arise regarding previous versions of MediaPortal and implemented skin changes, I'm asking to delay the installation until the upcoming release candidate.

Best regards and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as part of the easter rollout of my plugin collection please find version 1.2.0 of PowerControl at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.

Personal note: Due to the expected workload in the next month and lack of time I feel compelled to reduce the plugin development to a minimum. I'm not sure when I'll have the time again, but I assure that the plugins are not dead and showstopper problems will be fixed in a timely manner. I ask for proper understanding and thank everyone for the many years of support.

Cheers and see you soon as possible, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom