programatic way to change channels on MP 1.15 client? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @high
    Are you able to look into this? (Sorry, XP prevents me from attempting to reproduce.)
    There's an issue with the forum upload file procedure and windows 10 edge.... switched back to IE and it worked they way it should.

@gpnash
    The client video ends up frozen on the last frame before the channel change.
    I've had a really long day, but here's a few preliminary comments on the log files.
    1. I see you've enabled the MediaPortal Config -> TV/radio section -> advanced options sub-section -> force RTSP usage setting (wiki). That's quite unusual. Do you have a good reason for enabling that option? If not, please don't use it. The option is really only provided for debugging purposes.
    2. I see you're using the MediaPortal Audio Renderer as your TV audio renderer. The wiki specifically warns about issues with the MPAR + TV combination (refer to the tip at the bottom of this page). Please use a DirectSound option instead.
    Either or both of the above factors could be causing your freeze-on-last-frame.

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    had some problems with codecs in 1.14 and after swearing at the tv for 2 hours the tv audio renderer started giving me audio.... I'll switch that back to directsound this morning.
    and I'll uncheck the rtsp usage setting. had looked that up in reference to problems that I think turned out to be cable company problems. Charter's channel map is not correct for over a dozen channels and I didn't know enough about tuning at the time to understand where the problems might be. between that and the audio issue and the freezing issue I probably caused... well you can see the progression.

so I'll flip both settings and see how it fairs. should be able to report back by Monday.

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    Blew that deadline... :)
    Spent the weekend creating a local development environment so I could create mediaportal from source. Finally got all the pieces to work on Tuesday and my localizeddate patch has been running ever since. it basically uses the GUILocalizeStrings.Get function to supply various xxxdate.ToString() formats so that the dates come out MM-dd instead of dd-MM.

After A new install of MP1 1.15.0 and making sure the sound device and rtsp usage were set as you asked, I did a little testing and indeed that looked like it resolved quite a few issues. some I didn't even know I had (skin sounds suddenly started working, scared the hell out of me didn't know they did that). I added code to my plugin to interpret TvResult and after the second or third channel change I got back a NOPMT error that I don't get if I switch to the channel using the native MP1 gui. I'm going to get the logs together this weekend.

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    ok.. new logs.
    Started up MP went to the tv panel and turned on tv channel 746 TNT HD was already there and the program info for the current show was displayed.

used my tablet to select channel 734 tvresult was succeeded. channel information on the tv changed to channel 734 fox news hd video and program information changed.
    used my tablet to select channel 744 tvresult was succeeded. channel information on the tv changed to channel 744 USA HD program information changed but video froze on channel 734.
    shutdown MP and captured logs..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Something's really funky with the FOX News HD and USA HD channels.

Normal CableCARD channel:
    [2016-12-12 08:46:14,490] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - atsc:Tune:ATSC:tv:Cable TNT HD Freq:361250 ONID:11911 TSID:0 SID:1 PMT:0x49 FTA:False LCN:47 phys:47 maj:746 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam

Your funky channels:
    [2016-12-12 08:47:00,796] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - atsc:Tune:ATSC:tv:Cable FOX News HD Freq:301250 ONID:16756 TSID:0 SID:1 PMT:0x0 FTA:False LCN:10000 phys:-1 maj:734 min:0 mod:Mod8Vsb
    [2016-12-12 08:47:26,287] [Log ] [22 ] [INFO ] - atsc:Tune:ATSC:tv:Cable USA HD Freq:265250 ONID:16129 TSID:0 SID:2 PMT:0x0 FTA:False LCN:10000 phys:-1 maj:744 min:0 mod:Mod8Vsb

Did you create those channels manually?
    ...or did you ever try a "ATSC digital terrestrial" scan with your CableCARD tuner?

If the answer to either of those questions is yes, that's what has caused your problem.

Don't try to create channels manually. It's too easy to get the settings wrong and thereby cause random problems like this.
    Always use tuning mode "digital cable" for CableCARD tuner scans.

I'd suggest you clear out your channels and do a clean rescan with the appropriate CableCARD tuner settings (ref).

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    never fully created a channel. had to modify two (125 chiller and 851 el rey) because the station id was incorrect.

I didn't think I did a ATSC digital terrestrial scan with the cable card tuner...... I have a USB TV tuner that I connected to an antenna once to see what OTA stations I could get.
    I could have screwed up things when I was trying that. :(...

so delete all the channels and rescan. Will that screw up the existing program guide and scheduled recordings?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    so delete all the channels and rescan. Will that screw up the existing program guide and scheduled recordings?
    Yes, you'd have to reconfigure the program guide and recreate schedules.

The only alternatives would be to identify and fix all the broken channels... or identify, delete, and rescan for the broken channels.

[edit: Just to be clear...
    I'm 100% confident that the channel configuration/settings caused the problem that you asked me about, so if you want to solve that problem, you must somehow fix these channels.]

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    just finished the rescan and need to straighten up my groups, epg and schedules so I'll do my testing again later today 3am here now...

thanks for all your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    just finished the rescan and need to straighten up my groups, epg and schedules so I'll do my testing again later today 3am here now...
    Oki doki. Let me know how you get on. In fact, I'd be keen to see the log files for your scan. I have a passing interest in CableCARD tuners. ;)

thanks for all your help.
    You're very welcome, any time! :)

Rest well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom