Question about setting up pureaudio (1 Viewer)

Citlali

May 15, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm attempting to setup the pureaudio plugin and I'm having some issues getting playback. I get the plugin installed and enabled.
pureaudio2.png

pureaudio1.png

What I'm confused about is how you actually force the use of the external player. Its not listed under the music section.
pureaudio3.png

I've tried just using the both BASS and internal dshow player and neither appears to work. I'm attempting to play .flac files and both are enabled as extensions in both the music extensions section and the pureaudio plugin extensions section.

It doesn't matter what I do, playback just sits at 0:00 whenever I go to play something. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Well nevermind, I got it working. I had gapless playback mode enabled in the pureaudio plugin and my setup really didn't like that. Everything's working great now.

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
i have the same question: which is the right setting for the pureaudio plugin? should i use the bass player or the direct show player?

thanks!
nicx...

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    That setting doens't affect the PureAudio plugin. When PureAudio enabled, it automatically takes over playback from the internal player for the media types you have enabled. The internal player will only be used if you disable radio/web streams/CD or remove some extensions in the PureAudio config.

As for your question, DirectShow player uses the system codecs and media source splitters to play music files so you have to make sure your system is set up properly for every type of music file (whereas with BASS everything is handled by MediaPortal so no need to mess with system filters), and you also can't use advanced features like fading, gapless playback, DSP and visualisations with it.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In short this is the mechanism used by MediaPortal to choose a player to use:
    1. First it looks at the file extension of the track you want to play
    2. Then it looks if there are any enabled external player plugins
    3. If so, it looks at the file extension list that is configured for each of those plugins
    4. If it finds a plugin that has the extension on its list, thats the one MP is gonna use
    5. If you have more then 1 enabled external player plugins that have the extension listed, MP will use the first one it encounters
    6. If there are no enabled external player plugins, ore none that has the extension listed, MP will use one of its its built-in player

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It doesn't matter what I do, playback just sits at 0:00 whenever I go to play something. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Well nevermind, I got it working. I had gapless playback mode enabled in the pureaudio plugin and my setup really didn't like that. Everything's working great now.

Gapless playback should work too though. If you want it, please post the logfiles onhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom