Re-installed a thousand times - constant lockups and other problems (1 Viewer)

Es Watson

Portal Member
July 24, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey all,

I've just installed MP 1.8 on my HTPC (fresh OEM install of win 8.1) and I'm having problems mainly with MP locking up when I'm doing standard commands e.g. deleted recorded shows. Furthermore, when I do attempt to deleted the show in the task manager MP is not responding and I have to end task.

Please find attached the log you requested.

Thanks in advance,
ej

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome Es Watson ;)

Could you open MP Configuration >> section TV/Radio >> TV >> tab 'Audio Settings'
    Check the bottom option 'Enable AudioDualMono mode switching' and try again.

It seems some filters are failing.

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey HomeY,

Firstly, thanks heaps for getting back to me so fast. I have enabled the audiodualmono as you suggested and did a reboot, the lockups look to have stopped, so cheers.

Although, play back is intermittently losing signal quality. I'm just watching the Commonwealth games on Channel Ten (local free to air channel) and I'm experiencing visual degradation, the sound has very intermittent pauses too.

Sorry to be a pain, but I come from WMC and don't wanna go back!

Thanks

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear the lockups seem fixed. ;)

Just checked the logs again, and there are some DVB EPG issues. Maybe you can disable EPG grabbing for now and test to see if that's the culprit.
    Please post new logs if the problem still exists.

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey HomeY,

Might have spoken to soon re lockups... When I was just deleting one of the recorded shows, MP locked, problem being MP was in a window and the task manager was loading behind MP and I couldn't access it. Restart needed.

Just ran MP in debug mode and attached the log, not having any luck reproducing any problems though. Go figure.

Do you think it might have something to do with the skin that I'm using i.e. Titan?

Cheers

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @HomeY
    While it might be directly related to his issue, this is interesting....
    [2014-07-25 01:00:54,330] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you think it might have something to do with the skin that I'm using i.e. Titan?
    Nah, don't think so. Titan runs perfectly fine here.

Let's have a look @ the logs first.
    1 thing you need to check is the share to your recordings. According to the logs, i assume you shared an entire hard disk?
    PlayRecording:\\mediapc\C\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Nine Melbourne\Something To Talk About (1995) (Includes Sneak Peek - The Block Glasshouse at 11\Something To Talk About (1995) (Includes Sneak Peek - The Block Glasshouse at 11 - 2014-07-25. - using rtsp mode:False

That path exceeds the maximum number of characters of 248.
    Best would be to share the 'recordings' folder on your mediapc, and use that path in MP Configuration.

I noticed the filter errors again:
    Code:
    [2014-07-25 01:01:10,786] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - Failed filter:  not found
    [2014-07-25 01:01:10,790] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - Failed filter:  not found
    After checking your configuration, i'm under the impression that you didn't set up your TV Codecs, since i don't see them listed in the XML.
    Can you check this?

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello again,

Ok, I've re-installed the LAV Codecs and changed the paths for the recordings. I don't need to share the folders as this is a stand alone media center.

I'll do some more testing tonight while recording/watching the Commonwealth Games... Go the Aussies!!!

Cheers once again,

Essy

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,

Seems to be a little more solid but I have experienced a couple of dramas this afternoon. Firstly, MP was in the TV guide with the preview channel in the corner. I clicked on it and it just locked up! Strangely, the sound is still running in the background and MP is just sitting in the task manager not responding.

On the channel degradation front, I think it has something to do with my TV decoder, the HDhomerun Dual. I have had it for a couple of years and it always had issues but recently with one of the last couple of updates it seemed to run without fault via WMC.

Cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1406288880][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok,

managed to reproduce the error, tried to deleted the recording "Channel Ten News" please see attached log file.

Couple of weird things that I just noticed with the TV recording and the EPG is that the scheduled shows to be recorded on the same channel doesn't change. Ok, to explain, I have scheduled this tonight on the same channel, Channel Ten;

17-18:00 - Ten news
    18-18:30 - The Project
    18:30-rest of the night - Commonwealth Games

Even now, after numerous crashes, the scheduled recording title is the Ten news which finished four odd hours ago and it is still recording under that name.

Forgot to elaborate on the signal loss, its still happening but not as frequent and as mentioned in my above post, Hd Homerun is the possible cause.

Logs telling any more tales??

Thanks for your patience

Last edited:

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry if I'm bombarding you with useless information, but I'll just so a couple more things that I hope will help.

Firstly, the recorded TV seems to be locked onto the first couple of shows that it was recording at the beginning. I can't deleted them, every time MP locks up and is not responding. Its still recording but I don't know how to stop it.

Signal loss, seems to be really bad on another channel that I was also trying to record (Gem). Consistently losing signal quality.

My only option I can think of is to re-install MP from scratch.

Goodnight, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom