Re-installed a thousand times - constant lockups and other problems (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Its still recording but I don't know how to stop it.
    If you go to TV / TV Guide
    Right click on the one with the RED recording icon you want to stop, A menu will come up
    #4 is edit recordings
    Click on the one you wish to stop.
    Edit Recordings.jpg

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Finally managed to stop and delete the scheduled recording (from 6 hours ago) and the signal loss doesn't seem to be as bad on Gem.

update as I'm writing this post, recordings have started again under the same names of the original show 6 hours ago..

Sorry I'm going to bed, super frustrating..

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its still recording but I don't know how to stop it.
    If you go to TV / TV Guide
    Right click on the one with the RED recording icon you want to stop, A menu will come up
    #4 is edit recordings
    Click on the one you wish to stop.
    View attachment 153249

Hey Breese,

Yeah I figured that out last night just before you posted this above.

I did re-install MP and it seems to have helped with the stability but I'm still having a rather confusing issue. I will try and explain as succinct as possible.

Channel Ten has a sister channel called ONE, with sporting events such as the Commonwealth games which I'm currently recording, they show a replay of the previous nights action throughout the day (One). All day I'm recording ONE, at 18:30 the coverage switches to TEN, right now in Record TV in shows its recording ONE. Problem is, that coverage stopped three hours ago and it doesn't show that its recording TEN. Can't deleted the ONE recording (lock ups, not responding), can't view TEN recordings as its not showing up, I can however watch Channel Ten live, NFI where the channel Ten recording is!

I'm at a loss...any ideas?

Cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1406374402][/DOUBLEPOST]As I was loading up debugging mode, it seemed to lock up when going into Recorded TV. Task manager didn't say it was not responding.

After I deleted the ONE recording, did a reboot, Channel TEN is now coming up as the right channel that is being recorded.

I hope you can see something I can't in the logs...

Cheers

Last edited:

Bigmaxy

Portal Member
    April 25, 2005
    Hey mate. Been having pretty much the same problem. Took loads of logs but couldn't find anything obvious. Tried the audio suggestion mentioned above but still had problems. I've played with codecs and still didn't have any luck.

I never had any problems with MP 1.7 so went back to it this afternoon and things seem to be back to normal. 1.8 is problematic for me if I do an upgrade or a clean install.

I'll be monitoring your thread with hope that something comes out.

btw. I'm in Aus too. Good luck with it all.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Checked your MediaPortal logs, but there are no errors in there.
    I do see a whole bunch of (Service Control Manager) errors in your Windows event logs:
    • The description for Event ID '-1073740499' in Source 'ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0' cannot be found.
    • Application or service 'HDHomeRun Service' could not be restarted.
    • Application or service 'TVService' could not be shut down.
    • Application or service 'MediaPortal 2' could not be shut down.
    • Application or service 'MediaPortal 2' could not be shut down.
    • Application or service 'MediaPortal 2 Server Service' could not be restarted.
    I assume you did enable the .NET 3.5 features in Win 8.1?
    It seems you had similar issues with XBMC?

open a command prompt and run the following command:
    /sfc scannow

Does that return any errors?

Bigmaxy

Portal Member
    April 25, 2005
    Hi Es Watson.

As mentioned I was having a very similar problem. The only main thing I've noticed since rolling back to MP1.7 and not having any problems is the Audio PID used.
    When I was on MP 1.8 the audio pid used was 2731 (Mpeg1), now that I'm on MP 1.7 the audio pid is 1612 (AC3).

Could be unrelated but I'd be interested in knowing what you are seeing.

Btw. Thanks HomeY and sorry for intruding on your thread Es Watson.

Es Watson

Portal Member
    July 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey HomeY,

Yeah, I see all the errors too, I've had a shit of a time trying to get to get MP working. Getting there.

Yeah, .net 3.5 is installed and running. I did the SFC scan and no errors. I couldn't get XBMC working, backend was more that impossible for me to successful find and scan the channels. I tried NextPVR, ArgusTV, DVB link, DVB server and the rest! No luck.

Anywho ... I've had a lot more success with MP and I like a couple of the skins.

Question: Every time I Alt+Enter from full screen and change it to MiniTV mode. Then, when I adjust the position of the MiniTV mode in the bottom corner, flick back to full screen, then back to mini mode I only see a quarter of the large window (not miniTV windows), the rest is off the TV screen. Wonder if I'm being pedantic but if WMC can do it, surely MP can!

If this is all to problematic for all involved, do you think its a good idea to roll back to 1.7 as Bigmaxy suggests?

Cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1406429735][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi Es Watson.

All good Bigmaxy,

I'll have a look when I get back from tennis, nice day in Melbourne for a change, where you from??

Cheers

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I was on MP 1.8 the audio pid used was 2731 (Mpeg1), now that I'm on MP 1.7 the audio pid is 1612 (AC3).
    Where did you find this or how do I find this?
    I have one machine on 1.7 and my server on 1.8... I would like to see if there is something related.

Question: Every time I Alt+Enter from full screen and change it to MiniTV mode. Then, when I adjust the position of the MiniTV mode in the bottom corner, flick back to full screen, then back to mini mode I only see a quarter of the large window (not miniTV windows), the rest is off the TV screen.
    In a single screen (47 inch) setup, I could not duplicate this issue. It is possible there is something wit the MiniTV setup.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is a setting which allows you to prefer AC3 sound over any other type. Maybe that is enabled?
    You can find it here:
    MP Config >> TV/Radio >> TV >> tab 'Audio Settings' >> on the bottom 'Prefer AC-3 sound'. That 'forces the AC-3 stream over an MPEG1 stream for (often) 5.1 audio.

No problem, any help/hint/tips are always appreciated!

If this is all to problematic for all involved, do you think its a good idea to roll back to 1.7 as Bigmaxy suggests?
    If you keep having problems, that's worth a try, although it sounds it's more related to a bit unstable system, since all the other apps failed also.
    Downgrading is really simple, and an upgrade afterwards also. ;)

Bigmaxy

Portal Member
    April 25, 2005
    Where did you find this or how do I find this?
    I have one machine on 1.7 and my server on 1.8... I would like to see if there is something related.

On my remote I hit the info button when watching tv. On the menu is an option to show tuning details. (Can't provide exact details as family is in the middle of watching something)

I've not had a single problem since rolling back. As homey mentioned it's an easy process, especially if you have a basic system without many plugin's etc.

I'll def go back to 1.8 again but I need a couple of weeks of sanity. I've been using Mediaportal for many many years and it's generally been hugely stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom