Recorded TV sometimes has playback errors (1 Viewer)

deamon_knight

Portal Member
November 11, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
if timeshifting is configured to be also on F drive, then it can take additional space during timeshifting. Maybe @deamon_knight checked free space after stopping timeshifting (resulting in deleting all timeshift files, that can free some gigabytes on HDD), hence the difference 2GB/4GB

I think mm135200 is probably correct. I have a second Hard Drive on this system, and the TimeShift buffer is on that drive for this very reason. I didn't know the disk quota check was every 15 mins, I'll try a 15GB disk quota and see if the problem goes away.

longjohn119

Portal Member
October 29, 2010
Here is what works for me ..... ATSC transport streams inherently have a lot of errors due to propagation conditions, manmade atmospheric noise, antenna setups, etc. What I do is after I record a show OTA is I run it through Project X, the default settings should be fine, which will split the file into video and audio streams and correct timeline and other errors, then I use ImagoMPEG-Muxer to re-mux it to a MPEG container. I also have to do this on a couple of Clear QAM channels sometimes. This fixes better than 19 of 20 TS file problems. There are also some other programs for fixing these errors but most of them are not free[DOUBLEPOST=1430456544][/DOUBLEPOST]I should also add that some decoders handle TS timeline errors better than others, Microsoft's decoder generally does a better job than many of the open source decoders ......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom