recording tv just stopped :( HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok shall i upload my log again to see if anyone can help me resolve this?
    Unless something has changed, the logs aren't going to help me get any further. You can upload them if you want but really the only thing that is guaranteed to be helpful is as described: install VS and code, and debug.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    ...I dont have any of the 3 plugins you mentioned listed, any ideas?

Hi @toplad, just in case there is any confusion, the components I refer to are found in the TV-Server configuration application under "Plugins". It is these plugins that may need to be disabled.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK so an update, managed to spend some time over the weekend looking at the problem. The error Only happens on windows 8. I think there must be something wrong with the TBS 6284 driver and media portal. As the PC has been completely rebuilt the only items that are the same are the TV tuner card and hard drives which were all formatted.

Back on windows 7 been running fine for the last 4 days. Happy to have recorded TV back after 6 months without it!

jreberry

Portal Member
    January 19, 2012
    The conclusion I'm coming to is that the default ComSkip executable being installed by MP is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

Can anyone else who is experiencing this issue please confirm?

Thank you! I installed Windows 8.1 a month ago and since then recordings will not stop. I've been fiddling to find a solution for the past few weeks, and your suggestion did the trick. I disabled ComSkip and recordings now correctly stop as intended. I just wish I would have found your post a few weeks ago. :)

Confirmed,
    --Jon

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @JJDoherty
    In reference to this comment:
    The conclusion I'm coming to is that the default ComSkip executable being installed by MP is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

Is the ComSkip EXE really installed by MediaPortal/TV Server, or...? ...because from the ComSkipLauncher plugin interface, it looks like people have to download ComSkip from the ComSkip website. Further, I can't find any reference to us ever having distributed it.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Is the ComSkip EXE really installed by MediaPortal/TV Server, or...? ...because from the ComSkipLauncher plugin interface, it looks like people have to download ComSkip from the ComSkip website. Further, I can't find any reference to us ever having distributed it.

Ah you have me! Now that you mention it I'm not too sure. I am still thinking that whether installed by default or not, the non-donator version (which may have been only one version behind the donator version) was not compatible with Windows 8/8.1 and the donator version, version 81_061 is compatible and once installed resolved the issue.

That is not to say that there aren't Window 8/8.1 compatibility issues with other plugins, which could potentially cause the same issue either.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm okay, thanks. :)
    The reason I asked is because recently I've been doing a fair amount of work on plugins. Sorting out TVE 3.5 compatibility, as well as general spruce up and improvements. As part of that focus on plugins I'd desperately like to get this problem sorted out. Unfortunately it does seem like there are a significant number of people who are experiencing this issue who do not use ComSkip. Case in point:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...recording-does-not-stop-in-some-cases.127453/

I think I've even seen people who don't use any TV Server plugins experience this problem.
    <sigh>
    This issue is one of the trickier problems I've encountered. Impossible to reproduce myself (no W8/8.1, and not all people using W8/8.1 see this problem); difficult for people to figure out for themselves unless they can do what you did (download the code, hook up VS, step though... - which most people can't do); and difficult for us to even help people resolve due to access limitations.

Anyhow, thanks again for your response. :)

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    ok so im back! media portal is now doing the same problem on windows 7 for me it just took ten months for it to show :( . im now running the latest version whats the best way to get the logs out via watch dog as its separate now. cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @toplad
    Did you see that we found the causes:
    1. Use of AVG.
    2. Use of the ComSkip launcher plugin with an incompatible version of ComSkip.exe.
    If those don't apply to you then chances are your problem is different, or has a different cause... and therefore you should start a new thread.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    why should i start a new thread when i started this one originally?!

i dont use avg nor do i use the com skip plug in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom