RemoteControl for Samsung SmartTV plugin v0.7.2 (deprecated) (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello sunfire7,
... do you think is possible to activate 3D of the SmartTV atomaticaly if you play a 3D movie on moving pictures?

this functionality isn't supported by default.
If both plugins can be communicate via interface or internal messages, it could be possible. But for this, both plugin developer (teams), in this case Moving Pictures, and RemoteControl) must/extend the plugins. Currently I don't know, if it's feasible or how much effort it costs, to implement this.

Cheers, Micropolis

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
So the aim of this plugin is to do the same things you can do with the Samsung remote but from MediaPortal? So for example this is usefull for changeing the settings of video quality and those things, no? But what more things is this expected to do? Maibe i'm a bit confused... Thanks for the great job!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Dj_Moren,
So the aim of this plugin is to do the same things you can do with the Samsung remote but from MediaPortal? So for example this is usefull for changeing the settings of video quality and those things, no? But what more things is this expected to do? Maibe i'm a bit confused... Thanks for the great job!
for my understanding: is this a statement or question?

Cheers, Micropolis

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
This plugin has great potential

I think the best use for this plugin is you could forget about the tv controller, if you could map actions or "macros" to your media portal remote.

What I would use it for:

1.- 3D mode: when I start a sbs-3d movie, moving pictures send the request to this plugin to put the tv into 3d-sbs, and when the movie ends or stops, the plugin sets normal 2d mode again.

2.- Map the "source" button of the tv to my media portal controller, so I don't need to look and grab the tv
Controller anymore.

3.- I don't know if this can be done to the tv power off too, but would be cool to turn off tv if you exit media portal.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi sunfire7,
... 3D mode: when I start a sbs-3d movie, moving pictures send the request to this plugin to put the tv into 3d-sbs, and when the movie ends or stops, the plugin sets normal 2d mode again...
I dnon't know, if this workflow can be realized. Maybe I'll try to contact the developers of Moving Pictures to discuss possible interfaces/notification messages.

Map the "source" button of the tv to my media portal controller, so I don't need to look and grab the tv
Controller anymore.
Sure, mapping of Samsung specific remote control commands can be realized with the next version.

I don't know if this can be done to the tv power off too, but would be cool to turn off tv if you exit media portal.
From my point of view, a better place for this functionality is my ScreenControl plugin. Your request can be easily embed into the architecture of this.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear sunfire7,
attached at the first post of this thread you can find the new version v0.1.2, which contains enhancements for quick activation keys and auto connect mode.
Because I don't know exactly, if you familiar with the installation of my nightly builds, please extract this zip-archive and follow the installation steps, which are documented in the appropriate manual. Before installing this version I highly recommend the following steps below:
  • delete the old library "RemoteControl for Samsung SmartV.dll" manually from your plugin folder
  • open the mediaportal.xml, search for "RemoteControl" section and reset the configuration by deleting all existing entries
  • re-configure the plugin again using the configuration tool
This version supports the blue/red/green/yellow and alphanumeric keys by default, please give me a hint, which buttons are useful for your daily use. Thanks for testing.

Cheers, Micropolis

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
Micropolis:
Tested v0.1.2, what a great plug-in.

My MCE Remote does not have the B/Y/R/G buttons, so I can't test those, but I mapped some functions to the alphanumeric keys, and it works great.

Any chance to add more MCE keys, like the "Visualization" key of my Remote?

MY remote is the #2:

c00853912.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom