[resolved] Missing EPG on some DVB-S Freesat Channels... (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Mediaportal Version: 1.5
    MediaPortal Skin: Titan
    Windows Version: Windows 8.1
    CPU Type: Intel Celeron Dual Core
    SSD: Kingston 120GB/
    HDD:
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    Memory: 4GB
    Motherboard: ASRock H61MV-ITX
    Tuner card(s): Blackgold BGT3600 dual DVB-S2/dual DVB-T2

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me on this one as I just can't seem to find a solution. I can grab the Freesat EPG for most of the available channels using the Mediaportal DVB-EPG setup, however some channels seems to be missing. I've had this setup and working for well over a week so I would've thought if these missing channels were going to populate then they would have at this stage. The missing EPG data is for the following channels:
    • S4C
    • True Drama
    • Pick TV
    • Pick TV+1
    • Challenge
    • Challenge +1
    • m>movies+1
    • movies4men
    • mov4men+1
    I have also looked at this thread, which was very useful initially, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/how-do-i-handle-the-epg-for-2xdvb-t-2xdvb-s2.106481/.

Any ideas why this might be the case or what I may need to do to get these from the freesat EPG? I do know the data exists as when I have been messing around with this I have been able to get Pick TV EPG data, for example, although most of the rest of the EPG data would be missing!

I know I could go for to the WebEPG plugin for the missing channels if I can't get the EPG data through the Freesat info radio channel working but this is my fall back position!

As always any help or ideas appreciated...

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi JJ,

I'm sorry I can't help much with your current EPG issues, but have you tried using DJBlu's Sky Grabber >>here<<

I also use Freesat and have found the grabber superb and it does get all the channels too. It also has Series Link which is a useful tool.

When I have had previous EPG grabbing issues I always ended up with a combination of the built in grabber and WebEPG grabbing for those awkward channels that just wouldn't populate. A bit of a compromise solution but does work.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi Porky996t, Yeah I'm aware of DJBlu's Sky Grabber, thanks for that, though I'd like to stick to the vanilla version of MP at the minute. The main reason for this is that I would like to get to the bottom of why some channels don't appear in the EPG when using the MP DVB-EPG grabber.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @Vasilich, sorry it's taken me quite this long to get back to this. Anyway I have attached the log file generated from the EPG logger. I didn't attach screenshots of the EPG guide as it was completely empty reading "No data available" for all stations. Also, strangely, when I looked at the log for the times specified below the log is blank. I have enabled the EPG grabbing when timeshifting option in the DVB-EPG, setting the timeout to 1 minute.

The channels that I tried to log for are:
    • Pick TV - 11:28
    • E4 - 11:32
    If you need any more information or need me to re-run the logging then just let me know.

Attachments

• TsWriter_EPG.zip
      1.2 MB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    what you can see is that:
    it started at 29-11-2013 11:27:29 receiving EPG for networkid=[0x2174] and transportid=[0x3E9 or 0x3EA]. Repetitions of informations started after last non-repeated block was received at 11:27:48, taking 19 seconds to transfer.
    Next EPG block started at 29-11-2013 11:36:19, receiving EPG for networkid=[0x2], and transportids 0x7FB, 0x806, 80F, 7EF, 808,809, 81A, 814, 801, 80D etc. ending at 11:36:28, thus taking also 19 seconds to transfer.
    I cannot know what channels have that combination of NID+TSID+SID, but probably you can search these channels in your TV DB (Table TuninDetails) to see for what channels you have (or haven't) received EPG.
    If you are sure that the times you posted are correct (and clock on client and server are synchronized) then i would say that these channels do not send EPG at all, as i don't see any EPG packets at these timeframes you posted (11:28 and 11:32) .

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @Vasilich, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, that is the strange part, as soon as I start watching TV the EPG grabbing appears to stop despite the setting in the DVB-EPG, if the log is to be believed. I have attached screenshots of the two channels in question from the EPG guide now that the EPG has had an opportunity to re-populate without the TV being on.

Screenshot 2013-11-29 12.58.30.png
    Channel - Pick TV

Screenshot 2013-11-29 13.02.15.png
    Channel - E4

As you can see, the data is there for one channel but not for the other, which is what I expected.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    have you enabled/checked "EPG Grabbing while timeshifting/recording" ? Please post a screenshot of your DVB EPG settings from TVConfig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom