[Usability] Restart on resume (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Big thanks again! I'll implement this and see how it goes :)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HomeY Found time to implement it, works like a charm. And I didn't knopw about this possibility to trigger on system events, this is indeed very helpful! This does what I want.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @HomeY Found time to implement it, works like a charm. And I didn't knopw about this possibility to trigger on system events, this is indeed very helpful! This does what I want.
    Great, tnx for reporting back! I'll see if i can find some time to add this to our Wiki for the rest of the users that wanted this option back.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Too bad now the actual bugs in MP/plugins will be ignored and hidden, staying unfixed, when using restart..

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Too bad now the actual bugs in MP/plugins will be ignored and hidden, staying unfixed, when using restart..
    Maybe you should have participated in the 6 pages of discussion and help to fix the problem(s) then??

There are still users that want this option back because of ongoing issues. We don't want to code this back because of 'hiding' bugs, so there are a few options:
    • User reports a (plugin) issue and it gets fixed (or not...)
    • User fixes it himself (only with a little hint on how to do that now)
    • User starts using another program than MP.
    Off course i want the issues fixed also, but if we can't track them down, i'm fine with any alternative solution.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Trust me I've read the thread, however I didn't see that any troubleshooting was done like it is supposed to be done, without 3rd party plugins.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    however I didn't see that any troubleshooting was done like it is supposed to be done, without 3rd party plugins.
    Then i'm sure you must have missed my posts where i asked for that, and the response from the user with WatchDog option1:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/restart-on-resume.126324/page-3#post-1086028

And this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/restart-on-resume.126324/page-4#post-1086529

But as i said before: if we (or plugin devs) don't fix it, then i'm happy when the user is happy. And he is now ;)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Trust me I've read the thread, however I didn't see that any troubleshooting was done like it is supposed to be done, without 3rd party plugins.

Well, If this is so, then maybe you should've participated in this discussion before (it has run for a few weeks now and it has been started back at MP1.4). I am a end user and I am simply not able to code, yet I still understand a bit of using computers at least. My wife and children do not, and it was a real pain in the ass to always have to restart the PC, kill MePo because it hanged, restore corrupt databases which stopped MP from starting/working at all....
    In this Thread, HomeY and others helped me to identify blocking plugins. I have contacted the plugin authors about these and I am waiting for their analysis. Finally, I was provided with a workaround which does what I want and now have a system which runs (most times) smoothly again and which my family can continue to use.

And watchdog option 1 logs are in this thread as well - and if they weren't I would've provided them if I were asked for them. To enter a discussion at this point and tell us how we have done it all wrong is not helpful in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom