Resume movie from previously viewed time (1 Viewer)

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a problem with MyFilms. I have a central installation. And I can't get the function to resum from last viewed point when resuming a film. Should this work across clients in a central installation?

I can get it to work localy on some clients but it never gets stored centraly. And I have two clients where I can't get it to work at all not even localy, tried a full reinstall of Media Portal. But the same result.
    Where is the information about time to resume stored?

My setup.
    Central installation on my Windows Home Server 2011. I did the first client as a "Master" when I installed MyFilms, and the other as "Clients"
    Server: Windows Home Server 2011
    Clients: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Media Portal: 1.8
    My Films: Tried 6.1.0.3107 and 6.1.1.3117
    Network: Gbit

Attachments

• MyFilms.xml
      15 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Guzzi can take a look at the logs, but IIRC the information is stored in the MP Videos DB - I assume you have Videos enabled in MP Config on all the clients? Are all the file extensions the same? Are they all supported in MP Config > Vvideos > Video Extensions? Those are the first things I would check.

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    You were right in the client where it didn’t work at all the Video plugin was disabled. So now I at least got it working local. I will do some testing with the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 to maybe sync or redirect the file so I can share it with all clients.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Dadeo's assumption is right - resume is using the mediafile info within MP - it is unfortunately not stored within MyFilms DB and thus not centralized. Iirc, we added a respective field to the schema long ago, but didn't finish to change the internal logic. If there isn't already am issue in the tracker, you might want to add one so others can star it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom