Resume Playback (1 Viewer)

energy

Portal Member
June 16, 2008
Hello,
Thank you for this great tool
Can MyFilms Automatically keeps track of your playback so you can resume where you left off viewing?
What settings in MyFilms setup must be done?
I just do not get the resume playback works out.

greeting
energy

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi energy,
    MyFilms uses Mediaportal to keep track of resume info - resume points are stored within the myvideo DB. So unfortunately they're NOT inside the MyFilms DB itself - and thus restricted to the machine where you were watching the movie. iirc, I already had the intension to add that to MyFilms DB (must be per user of course), but didn't find the time yet to implement it. You might want to add an issue to the tracker so ppl can star it - if there is enough stars, we can raise the priority for it ;-)

energy

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    Hi Guzzi,

after diverse test it seems to only affect BD.iso files in MyFilms!
    other formats such as eg. mkv Resume Play back immediately.
    About the own video player or Moving Pictures does not have this problem with BD.iso and resume playback.

greeting
    energy

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    afaik MovingPictures has it's own player and also stores resume in it's own DB.
    Re ISO files - you could test, if resume works properly with MyVideos (MP inbuild plugin) - if not, you could file a bug report. If it does, it might be a bug in MyFilms plugin with ISO handling, then it would need a fix within MF plugin.

energy

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    Hi Guzzi,

with MyVideos (MP inbuild plugin) - Resume Playback with BD.iso works without problems!

greeting
    energy

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,

with MyVideos (MP inbuild plugin) - Resume Playback with BD.iso works without problems!

greeting
    energy
    Thanks for testing! So could you please post a debug log file from MyFilms that contains a "stop" within a BD.iso movie - and a "play" afterwards - I'd like to check the logs if they tell us something about the issue and what's (not) happening...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks for posting; I checked the log and I am missing some log entries that I would expect - could you please also post the error.log?

energy

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    Hello Guzzi,

attached debug and error.log from another installation.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks for the logs - didn't see a related exception, but also didn't see the log entries that update VDB with resume data :-( - so it might be possible that MyFilms doesn't do it for ISO files. Will have to debug that, which will take a bit more time, as I normally don't use ISO files myself. You can add it as issue to the tracker, if you want to make sure it won't be forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom