Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (4 Viewers)

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Eagerly awaiting a version compatible with 1.7.
    You're awesome dev. Thanks for creating and/or maintaining this plugin. It is much loved.

Jared Mason

Portal Member
    January 12, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    New version will be released for MP 1.7.1 hotfix version when it's out.
    Hey Seco, any idea when the new version will be out? If its going to be a while I might just go to a previous MP version...

Jared Mason

Portal Member
    January 12, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I went ahead and installed 1.6 final and am finding it a bit more predictable to set up so that's a win :)

Now that I have RockStar working I have a couple of queries:
    1. Is there any way to get fanart to display for the playing track? I am using Titan Skin and the now playing track is displayed in a smallish box at the top of the screen with a thumbnail sized album cover. The background seems to stay the same regardless of what's playing or selected.
    2. Is there any way I can stop Spotify from dominating my searches? If I search for a track I get 50 or so Spotify results for each of track and album and one track from my local playlist right at the bottom, despite it being an exact match for my search text. (note I only have 2 sources, Spotify and MP database)

Thanks - Jared

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can we anytime soon expect un update? or should I just uninstall Rockstar and use the Spotify browser with remote control by Android/Iphone?

And isn't it time to ask the devs from Mediaportal to stop changing the core all the time and rendering usefull plugins useless?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, the change was made for a reason :) but i agree that that not cool to break plugins. And without the change you will have crash so :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom