Scanning Issues (Hauppauge 88x - (1) TBS 6985 -( Nil ) (1 Viewer)

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
April 25, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey, yeah still got the card. I will try this and let you know. Btw meant to ask you,is it worth me trying a signal amp ? If so any suggestions ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Btw meant to ask you,is it worth me trying a signal amp ? If so any suggestions ?
    No not worth it if the tuner works fine in TBSViewer. The signal received by the tuner is the same in all software, though software may report signal statistics differently.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sorry for the dumb question
    No worries - no question is a dumb question, don't hesitate to ask. :)

...but do I just need files from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/1-6-patch-rar.142016/
    I assume i just extract these files, stop TV Service and add these to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server ?
    Yep, that's exactly what you do.
    Stop service.
    Download and extract files into the TV Server install directory.
    Start service.

I'd also recommend to backup the original files before replacing, just in case.

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Righto, run this up. Getting the same result as before. Scans - sees signal but reports nothing found. Picked up 52 channels on two passes. running third one it found another 11. Tried scanning Transponder 12519000 and that does the same thing :/ don't understand what is going on.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could you post the logs? Just want to double check the patch is working correctly.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I see you're running DJBlu's custom version of TV Server plus a certain plugin. I don't remember whether I didn't notice that previously... but I recommend you start by disabling that plugin because it can cause issues exactly like this if not configured correctly. Further, the patch I pointed you to won't work with DJBlu's custom version, so either you need to go back to standard TV Server if you want to try the patch or not use the patch at all.

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, I was running the standard version when i posted this.. I switched to the DJB version to see if it made any difference to my issues.. also to test Chris updated build. I will drop the DB and switch back.
    I assume by disable a certain plugin you mean to disable the CAM flag on the cards to disable Mxxx ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom