Scanning Issues (Hauppauge 88x - (1) TBS 6985 -( Nil ) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I assume by disable a certain plugin you mean to disable the CAM flag on the cards to disable Mxxx ?
    Yes, I mean that plugin... but you need to rename the config folder to properly disable it.

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok ,done a complete clean install. Nothing except MePo 1.7.1 installed the patch and scanned. Same deal first pass found 22 channels.Second pass found nothing. Logs attached.

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just for comparison, I ran the same scan on the Hauppauge card, connected to the same dish, and splitter. It found 133 channels on the first pass.

Attachments

• log2.zip
      109.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Gizmozo

I owe you an apology.

Yes, I think I did take a quick peak when you first posted... but then I promptly got side-tracked with other things. This would have slipped through the cracks completely if not for your reminder, so thanks for the ping. :)

The logs [still] don't show any obvious errors. It is really bizarre.

I notice that the tuner mostly seemed to report lock on the correct transponders... though not always.

I can see the tuner driver appears to be actually applying the tune requests when it does this:
    [2014-06-28 21:57:55,575] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest
    [2014-06-28 21:57:58,070] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest done calling put_TuneRequest

...or...
    [2014-06-28 21:58:00,274] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph
    [2014-06-28 21:58:03,279] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal waiting 20ms

The ~3 second delay being the key point.

When it did find channels, it found the channels you'd expect it to find (ie. the actual channels on the transponder we had asked it to scan).

When it doesn't find channels it is like it isn't delivering any stream to TV Server... but the lock and signal strength/quality readings appear to be correct.

I'm at a loss to explain what is going on.
    The only time I've seen this sort of thing in the past is when the signal strength/quality is right on the limits of receivability for the tuner. That shouldn't be the case for you unless the tuner is interpreting one or more of the tuning parameters incorrectly. To that end I checked the TBS patch and found one obvious error in it, but not one that I think would cause this kind of behaviour. In any case I'd appreciate it if you could try the attached update.

@FreakyJ do you want me to push this fix to the branch?

[edit: Meant to ask...
    Do you have one of those twin-head (oval shaped) Sky LNBs that can receive from Optus D1 on one side and Optus C1/D3 on the other?
    ]

Attachments

• TVLibrary[tbs_patch_nbc_fix].zip
      211.8 KB

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, not sure.. I am going to get up on a ladder and check it.. I know you asked me for the model previously... thought I had it on file... Thanks for the update, I will install ASAP and let you know. What you describe is exactly what it looks like to me... given the signal is ok... it just baffles me as to why it will not lock and is so inconsistent.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya

I'm curious to know if the patch helped, or whether I need to think about alternative options... (which would probably involve contacting TBS and asking them to give us a debug version of the driver so we can see what the tuner is actually trying to tune).

mm

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey mate,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get this installed, been away and snowed at work. Will get this done ASAP and report back... thanks for following up !

G/

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just tried this patch,and same result. In fact it was worse on Tuner A, I didn't get any channels at all. Managed to get 22 on Tuner B.
    Logs attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom