Scanning Issues (Hauppauge 88x - (1) TBS 6985 -( Nil ) (1 Viewer)

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
April 25, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey mm,

Just checked the LNB and its a Sharp - photos attached.

G/

Attachments

• LNB 1.JPG
    LNB 1.JPG
    1.9 MB
  • LNB 2.JPG
    LNB 2.JPG
    445.1 KB

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
April 25, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey mm1352000,

Any further thoughts on this ? You mentioned getting a debug driver from TBS.... is that an option ? FYI, I just updated to v1.0.5 driver but no change :(

G/

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Argh, why do I keep missing posts in this thread - sorry. :(
    Thanks for the information about your LNB.

Any further thoughts on this ?
    Yes - one.
    Could you try a scan with LNB settings set to { 10750, 10750, 10750 }. My thought is that current settings/code are causing the 22 kHz tone to be enabled for some reason. Normally that wouldn't make any difference... but with LNBs like yours it makes a huge difference (it tells the LNB to switch to the other "head", so you'd receive from Optus C1/D3 instead of Optus D1).

Regards,
    mm

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No idea if this is your problem but I had a similar issue where I had full signal but no channels detected on tbs. I even got a replacement card from them and still no improvement. Then I tried it in a separate pci slot (I used the pci 16 as I had no other pci e slots). Basically I assumed because i could see the signal strength that everything was fine but after moving the card to another slot it started working. It was a great day!!!

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey @mm135200, thought I'd let you know I just had my LNB replaced and what do you know all TBS tuners are working fine. I had given up on MePo and have been using the STB.... But thought I would try things again and it all seems to be working touch wood :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom