Scanning skips channel found in WinTV Cannot find LPBHD HVR 2250 (1 Viewer)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been trying to get my PBS station to come in. Due to comskip failures, I reinstalled everything and started over. Loading the most recent drivers from Hauppauge with wintv7_cd_3.9g.exe it auto installed WinTV. After several failures to scan the PBS channels I tried WinTV and WinTV found the channels and played them without error. I have adjusted the parameters in General-Scan to tune=30; PAT=30; CAT=30; PMT=35; SDT/VCT=40; Analog=40 and it has not helped. The line ups from Wintv and MP match except for two (2) channels, LPBHD is in WinTV and KMSSTV in MP and they are different channels. KMSSTV is Fox33 and LPBHD is PBS. Also, LPB3 has trouble playing in MP and not in WinTV. I must be doing/setting up something wrong. Can anybody help.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• LPBHD.JPG
      LPBHD.JPG
      143.5 KB
    • WinTV Group 1.JPG
      WinTV Group 1.JPG
      83 KB
    • WinTV Group 2.JPG
      WinTV Group 2.JPG
      86.5 KB
    • LPBHD Missing.zip
      320.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello David

Thanks for the report, and especially for the full detail that you provided. It was exactly what I needed to figure out what was going on. (y)

I have adjusted the parameters in General-Scan to tune=30; PAT=30; CAT=30; PMT=35; SDT/VCT=40; Analog=40 and it has not helped.
    Changing these settings won't help at all. In fact, it'll probably only make things worse for you, so I'd strongly advise you to put them all back to defaults.

The line ups from Wintv and MP match except for two (2) channels, LPBHD is in WinTV and KMSSTV in MP and they are different channels.
    There's a bug that's causing TV Server to throw away the details for LPBHD when it finds them. To fix that, install the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ew-says-nosignaldetected.123507/#post-1049775

Make sure to take a backup of both files before replacing, because I'm not 100% sure that the TVLibrary.dll will be compatible.

Also, LPB3 has trouble playing in MP and not in WinTV.
    I'm wondering if this depends on the tuner that is used. You have 2 HVR-225* cards for a total of 4 ATSC/QAM tuners. From the results of your scans it looks like 2 of the tuners get better signal than the other 2. I can see this because the 2 tuners with weaker signal can't find some of the channels that the other 2 can. If WinTV is using one of the tuners with better signal and MP is using one of the tuners with weaker signal then this would explain the result. There's nothing else I can think of that would explain it...

Regards and thanks again,
    mm
    :)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks @mm1352000 for your reply. You are correct the tuners have different signal strengths. I have two antennas one points 080 and is connected to one card and the other points 255 and connected to the other card. The antenna pointed east is supposed to be directional but alias it bleeds worse than my old big one pointing southwest. I will load the patch in the morning and give it a whirl. Hope it works and you will have fixed a problem of which we were unaware. Again, thanks for your help and I will get back with you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, understood. Sleep well. Looking forward to your results. :)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    @mm1352000 - OK, an update - First the short of it --- YEAH it works!!
    I uninstalled MP and SQL 5.6, deleted; Program Files (86)\Team Mediaportal, Program Files\MySql & Program Data\Team MediaPortal & MySQL
    Next I installed MP1.11.0 as a single seat with LAV
    Next; net stop tvserver, copy the two files to Program File(86)\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal TV Server, net start tvserver.
    TVserver - Setup hybrid cards into four cards with each tuner associated with the corresponding analog tuner.
    Scanned channels for card 7-8-9-10 where 7-8 on long antenna pointing SW and 9-10 on short antenna pointing E
    LBPHD showed up and WORKED.
    Added Schedules Direct setting update on restart, followed by restart.
    Finished other items in TVserver. Music, Radio, Pictures, Video
    Set up MediaPortal
    All is well in East Texas and my wife is happy and that makes me happy.
    Currently listening to the radio with all my pictures scrolling as I wait for the first show to record and hopefully have commercial skip in place.

Such a lot of work for one (1) channel. Maybe it affects others to a greater degree.
    Most important all previously found channels were still found. Therefore, in this one case, there was no penalty for the modification.

I really appreciate your work and will donate again to MP.
    After re-installation of Win8.1 and MP I think my whole system runs better. Backups are in place and archived with the hope of never needing them.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.
    David
    Card 7 8 NC 9 N15 U13 10 U29 T31.JPG

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update David. I'm glad to hear the patch worked. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom