Scanning TV Channels MP 1.9 windows 8.1 (1 Viewer)

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    MPError.jpg Scanning TV Channels MP 1.9 windows 8.1

Hello

Was wondering if you could help or advice.

I was running MP 1.8 successfully. I have a TV Server. The clients started failing and I went to the TV Server to look at the various TV cards for the server. When I did this the program hung. So I then reinstalled drivers for the two Hauupagge cards 4000 and 4400. I also updated to MP 1.9. Now I can see the cards for the server, but when I scan for channels the configuraiton exe sits not finding any channels nor looking for them.
    I know the cards work as I have installed nextpvr which can scan and play channels.

Any ideas or pointers, would be really helpful

I have enclosed the TVService log, I cant unfortunatley isntall all the logs as the watchdog exe has a problem finding my mediaportal.xml which is on my d drive not the c drive. Ive enclosed the error for this.

TIA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Rob

Please post the TV service error log file.

Thanks,
    mm

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi MM

Thanks for your reply, I tried to upload the tv service error log, but its empty so didnt let me, Ive enclosed a jpg of the file system, any other information that I can give you, or tests I can run?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Rob

It looks like TV Server is encountering some kind of problem when it tries to load your tuner. Did you install any new multimedia software or hardware recently?
    Did you reboot the PC after reinstalling the Hauppauge tuner drivers?

...any other information that I can give you, or tests I can run?
    Yep, there is one thing:
    1. Download and run the 32 bit version of GraphStudio from -->here<-- (no installation required).
    2. In the top menu select "Graph", then "Insert filter...".
    3. At the top of the new window select "WDM Streaming Capture Devices" and "All Filters".
    4. Take a screenshot of the list.
    5. Post/attach the screenshot.

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Dear mm

Thanks so much for this, I took off any newly installed m-media. The one that was most likely the culprit, although hard to see, was a multi media monitor, with sound and cam. Removed old hpaugge drivers, reboot, install, reboot, put on MP and it worked.

Again thanks for the help, it was a real pain it not working, and not knowing how to fix it.

In the reinstall Ive moved over to SQL from Mysql, and Im getting connection problems, cant connect locally via management studio, and of course, remotely doesnt work, but Im more confident of fixing that.

Ive made a small donatio to MP just to say thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom