Scheduled Recording issue (1 Viewer)

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
did this ever get sorted as im running windows 8 with a tbs card and have a very similar problem with it constantly recording one program. any ideas?

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Hi Toplad,

Nope, I had to revert to Windows 7, now we are starting to see a trend on those who upgraded to W8/W8.1 that TV recording failed to stop. Logs don't show why it is not attempting to stop recording, so I did a fresh install of W8, and just installed Mediaportal only, and the same thing happened, hence went back to W7 which is working fine.

Underthecovers.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Hi MM,

Okay I will get out the test box, as I can't use the production box to start messing about giving the problems I had previously, and will be using W8/8.1 (32bit) as I can't use 64bit on this box, but lets hope I am able to reproduce the problem. Bear in mind I was using MP1.3 not 1.5, and Powerscheduler is one of the big change in 1.5 as I understand (I may be wrong on this), but MySQL is the only thing that has not changed....

Will report back, give me a couple of days.

Julian Foley

October 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi I have the same issue. I have a TBS 6284 quad. The recordings don't stop at the correct time slot and just continue until the computer is reset or tv service is closed manually. I have windows 8.1 64 bit. media portal 1.9 full final. any solution yet this has been an issue for a while windows is windows 8.1 now and tbs is a mainstream tuner so you need to get that fixed.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    what i found was that my tbs6284 was broken so when i downgrading to win7 to try to find the problem it would restart/blue screen. ive since bought the next model up 6285 which ive had no problems with at all however i never went back to windows 8.1 so cant comment on that. what i can say is that my system is using less power with the 6285 card.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Julian! :)

Hi I have the same issue.
    With the greatest respect: what proof do you have of that? The symptoms may seem to be the same, but there are many potential causes for recordings failing to stop...

We're going to need more information if you want us to help you. The best thing to do would be to start a new thread, with full log files, and details of dates/times, channels and program names for recordings that have failed to stop.

.,.and tbs is a mainstream tuner so you need to get that fixed.
    Categorically: the problem discussed in this thread has nothing to do with TBS tuners, and in general any problem with a "recordings not stopping" symptom is very unlikely to be related to the tuner.

any solution yet this has been an issue for a while windows is windows 8.1 now
    Do you:
    1. Use the TV Server ComSkipLauncher plugin?
    2. Have AVG or any other security software installed?
    Both of these have been found to cause problems with recordings on W8/8.1.

Regards,
    mm

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    when i had mp on win8/8.1 i ran avg so i bet half of my problems were that. what anti virus do you run in place of avg?

Julian Foley

October 22, 2014
    Home Country
    hi what specifically can AVG do to stop the TV recorder from working?? I have AVG in use. Can I disable part of it and retry? As for the details it is safe to say that most recordings will simply not stop and TV service needs closed in order for it to stop it and sort itself out. I don't use comskip - can I delete the dll? I see it as an option plugin non of the plug ins are in use. i think the recorder often states the time is eg 13:17 pm- 13:17pm when recording started ie it is not listing the correct stop time from the schedule and doesn't stop. I have seen many posts about this issue and no solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom