Scheduled Recording issue (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi what specifically can AVG do to stop the TV recorder from working??
    It somehow manages to block/stop/pause TV Server's scheduler thread, which is responsible for stopping and starting recordings.

Can I disable part of it and retry?
    It seems like you're assuming that AVG is the reason why your recordings aren't stopping, which is a huge assumption to make when logs and other requested details haven't been examined.

Nevertheless, my answer to your question is: I don't know, you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

I haven't used AVG for more than 10 years. All I know is that I read a post that said disabling AVG allowed TV Server to stop and start recordings properly. The post didn't specify whether it was necessary to completely uninstall AVG, disable a particular part, create an exception/rule etc.

As for the details it is safe to say that most recordings will simply not stop and TV service needs closed in order for it to stop it and sort itself out.
    From my perspective this information is almost useless. I don't mean to be rude. Rather, I simply mean that information doesn't in any way help to determine the reason why recordings are not stopping. Like I said in my previous post: to me "details" means full log files, dates/times, channel names, program names etc.

I don't use comskip - can I delete the dll?
    Yes... though I don't know why you'd want to do that. If you haven't enabled the ComSkipLauncher plugin then there is no possibility that it could be causing problems.

i think the recorder often states the time is eg 13:17 pm- 13:17pm when recording started ie it is not listing the correct stop time from the schedule and doesn't stop.
    The stop time is not set until the recording is actually stopped. In other words, what you're seeing is exactly as expected. The only abnormality I've read in your comments so far is that recordings are never stopped.

I have seen many posts about this issue and no solution.
    If you're looking for a "silver bullet" solution then quite honestly I think you're wasting your time.

Over the 10 years that MediaPortal has existed there have been various causes and fixes for "runaway recordings". That's why in my previous post I said recordings not stopping is a symptom with an underlying cause. A cause which could be one of many things. Each cause has its own solution.

Another way to say the above...
    People can and often do experience the same symptom (eg. runaway recordings) with a different cause. The cause of the problem is different for everyone, and therefore the solution is also different for everyone. That's why you won't find one perfect solution that will work for everyone.

Ultimately I have no hope of helping you find a solution if I don't know what is causing the problem for you. Supply the requested details and I can start to investigate. Until then, my hands are tied.

Regards,
    mm

Julian Foley

October 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi I have disabled AVG and turned off the network and I also have chosen a different skin interface for media portal and yes it is now working today having recorded and stopped on all 12 taped tv shows. I hope that I have solved the problem now I will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom