Scheduled XmLTV guide not being downloaded (1 Viewer)

RussellH

Portal Member
December 26, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi CyberSimian
Followed your instructions to install MP 1.31
Basicly install worked except-
Network adaptor in wake mode wakes computer when put to sleep (I know I can untick this box)
Cant complete the XmLTv guide set up (No TV guide and not able to record TV programs)
I think this is probably an issue for TV Guide provider (ICE TV)
I have contacted them for assistance
Thank you for your help and advice
Any further comments would be appreciated
I will keep you posted

RussellH

Portal Member
December 26, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi CyberSimion
Have now got MP 1.31 working OK (Touch Wood)
Have fixed TV Guide problem (My error)
Have unticked wake up box in Network Adaptor
Just checked MP woke up to record a scheduled program
You were right Net Adaptor does not stop MP1.31 waking up to record (Pardon my Ignorance a little knowledge is a dangerous thing). Not sure about other versions of MP
However for (interest) I have never had to stop Net Adaptor from waking computer before
It only started to do it recently and did not do it when MP was uninstalled
I would never have been able to solve the issues I had without your help
Its a pity I had problems With MP1.32 and MP2
Thanks again for your help
Russell

RussellH

Portal Member
December 26, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi CyberSimion
An update
In my last post I advised that MP had recorded a scheduled program with Network adaptor set to not wake from sleep
This was incorrect adaptor was set to wake and after recording kept waking computer
I set a new scheduled recording with adaptor set to not wake computer
No recording was made
So at least in my case adaptor must be set to wake computer to enable recording with the downside being computer is continually waking up
Something must be causing adaptor to wake the computer

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I set a new scheduled recording with adaptor set to not wake computer
    No recording was made
    This is very strange, and I don't have an explanation for it. :confused:

My guess is that your HTPC keeps waking because it is receiving a ping (or similar) from something connected to your network. This might be a device on your home network (another PC, or a printer, or ...), but it could be the device that you use to connect to the internet.

These days, most internet devices are routers that act as gateways, and can provide multiple wired connections, and multiple wi-fi connections. They can also act as DHCP servers, which means that your PCs don't have fixed IP addresses. Instead, each PC asks the DHCP server for an IP address. But the DHCP server needs to know when the PC no longer needs that address, and so will ping the PC periodically to check if it is still powered up.

One way to check if it is your internet device that is causing the repeated waking would be to disconnect the HTPC from your home network, or disconnect the internet device from your home network. Obviously, you need an internet connection to download the xml EPG, but you could disconnect the HTPC after that has been completed (provided that you do not want to stream video or audio from the internet).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RussellH

Portal Member
    December 26, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi CyberSimion
    Have now got MP 1.31 working ok
    Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs)
    Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled)
    I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled recording was that I dont think TV Service was installed during set up as I could not find it in Services while investigating problems with MP1.32 .Hence computer not able to wake to record i assume

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom