Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

MartyWakat

Portal Member
January 16, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Aloha,

I am just trying to get SchedulesDirect working and I have a fairly straightforward questions that I can't find the answer to anywhere. I have setup my SD account and set my lineup and have located and downloaded the Schedules Direct EPG Client plugin but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the plugin in the first place so I can then see it and configure it in the MediaPortal TV Configurator under the Plugins section. The file downloaded is SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.2.MPE1. I can find no documentation on how to properly load the MPE1 file into MediaPortal2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
martywakat@yahoo.com

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
If you have a dedicated machine for the TV Server (no client), then MPE1 files aren't recognized. Options:
1. Install the client, even if you aren't going to configure or use it
2. Open the mpe1 file as a .zip file (or change extension to .zip). Then open it, rename the two DLL files (delete everything up to and including the dash) and put the dll files in the TV server Plugins directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yep, that's pretty much right... which is why I don't recommend this plugin anymore.

If you were using XMLTV before, why don't you use mc2xml with the "Schedules Direct" service and stay with XMLTV? You don't need the donator version of mc2xml to do that.

I have recently raised this question in another thread but I think it might be better here.

I'd like to use SD and mc2xml, have set it up on a trial basis, worked OK, except that the Series and Episode numbers, which although contained in the downloaded XML file from SD, do not seem to be written into the EPG. These data do really help with scheduling recordings (I use TVWishlist).

Any ideas on how to fix this please?

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
Anyone else having issues with missing hours? I have used SD for over a year and it has been great, until the past few weeks It keeps dropping prime time hours.
This is happening on all 3 of my MP's

benicehavefun

Portal Member
September 12, 2014
Home Country
Penbrock2 - No problems with Schedules Direct here in Phoenix, AZ. I get EPG data for a couple of hundred channels -- a mixture of OTA, cable and satellite. Since I take only a partial download (configured through the SD website), I get the full 13 days of data. I have last minute guide changes set for "48 hours". It all works really well.

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
Thanks for the update. It most be something with my account or a network issue, It's just very strange it is happening on 3 stand alone MP's. Sounding to me like I need to look at the SD feed itself

PS: I did not remember this issue before upgrading to 1.15, but I do not see how that could do anything

benicehavefun

Portal Member
September 12, 2014
Home Country
Have you tried the sequence of checking the "Force full guide update on next TvService startup" in the SD plugin, followed by the "Refresh DVB EPG" under Manual Control in TV Server Configuration. Then in that same Manual Control area click the "Stop Service" button, and after a brief pause, the "Start Service" button. All of your EPG data will be dumped and new data downloaded from Schedules Direct. This may take a while depending on how much EPG data you're subscribed to -- half an hour or more if you have 1000+ channels (which I don't recommend, but some people get that much!)

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
Thank you, I will try that. I missed the parts in the manual control and only checked the Force box

jachin99

Portal Member
September 3, 2017
Home Country
I'm trying to set this up but I'm confused. I have added the .dll file to my tv server plugins folder, and I see the plugin tab on my TV server configuration screen. I have also entered my login info but I'm not sure to do what next. I'm also confused about this step
-Run the auto-tune on your cards in MP
I'm on MP 1.18 and Windows Home Server 2011. Is there any other info you might need, or what else can I do to fix my issue? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom